News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Jackson River

Started by Fire-Fly, July 17, 2006, 19:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

I fished the Jackson River on July 13. This was my first trip to the river. I fished the public access points and behind the Dam. I caught about 15 small bows behind the dam in about 30 minutes time but all were small around 6-7 inches. The other points i didnt catch as many but more size, i caught 8 bows about 10 inches and 5 browns all around 8 inches. Caught one rainbow at the smith bridge point it measured 17 inches and guessing at the weight was around 2.5 to 3 pounds. I caught all these fish on a size 14 black beetle with orange parachute.

larrybug

sounds like a great day

Woolly Bugger

That's a great day up there, I've never been so it's always good to hear a report from the Jackson.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

9ft4wt

Glad to see someone is getting out on the Jackson tailwater. There is a healthy poplulation of small trout in the 8-10 range in both browns and bows, almost to the point where they get to be a nusiance on some trips. But there are also some really ncie fish in that water like your 17-incher.

Glad you had a good time.

9ft4wt

rjpeck

Where is the Jackson River?

Fire-Fly

rjpeck..... the jackson is located About 15 miles above covington, Va.