News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

If you could pick 3 people

Started by Trout Chaser, August 20, 2006, 11:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Peddler on August 24, 2006, 08:40:56 AM
Woolley, 'cuz I never really shared a stream with him.
Damsel... 'cuz she's just plain a hoot to fish with!
Old Man because he's old and has some top-secret hot spots!

Read the orginal post.....!
Quotefrom this board that you have never met or fished with to fish with who would they be?

o-o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Peddler

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

phg

That's why I didn't list.  This board's forerunner was great about getting folks together.  We had quite a number of outtings, that allowed me to meet many of the illuminaries (including you, Peddler), so it's hard to say whom I may have missed out on.  I don't remember meeting FlyDoctor, but we've both been to PFF, so I must have seen him.   I never did get to meet Hugh Hearsell, but he's withdrawn from this board.  Someday I'm going over to E. TN just to get the chance.

Then there's the Alabama contingent.  I've never met any of them, but I'm hopeing we can get them to come up to Cherokee this fall.  The others, well, sooner of later, I'm bound to run into them on the stream like I did Jamie, Quercus, Fly-in-VA, Flyrod, Peewee and some of the others.

I'm glad we had the send off for Ben, even though I had to miss it at the last minute (^%$@$^%@ work!), and I'd really like to see some more get togethers so we can make and maintain aquaintences.  Speaking of which, is anybody picking up trash along the E. Prong, Roaring River these days?  We did it a couple of times.  If somebody will sponsor it, I'm sure we can find volunteers....

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Peddler on August 24, 2006, 17:52:49 PM
Okay, I'm an idgit.

well spoken!

Hey can you teach a righty to cast lefty?

I'd fish with you anytime Jack!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

peter p

Can I pick more then three?  If so, how about everyone I met at PFF 13 and don't recall meeting.  So, I need to meet them again for the 1st time.  Darn Stomp!
Peter

croaker

Been lucky to have met, break bread, share a campfire, jar of stomp, barley pop and fish with several from this forum.

In no particular order here's 3 that come to mind.  Kreekn, fatal, trout chaser.
Though I'd be glad to fish wid any of y'all...  
Hell, the only time I like fishin' is when I'm by myself or wid someone  ;D
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

outdoorguy3

1. Flyman

2.  Steve Yates

3.  Maharishi

;D

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on August 25, 2006, 10:33:11 AM
1. Flyman

2.  Steve Yates

3.  Maharishi

;D

Ralph   0--0

now that's funny I don't care who you are that's funny!
me -There's a season?

plumbob

Quote from: outdoorguy3 on August 25, 2006, 10:33:11 AM
1. Flyman

2.  Steve Yates

3.  Maharishi

;D

Ralph   0--0

I think either one of them should come to the PFF. ::)

Oldman

Well..... was going to say

ME

MYSELF

and I

But after my name came up it is now

SMITH

WESSON

AND...................................................................................................ME!

THANKS!!

brownhunter

1. Wooly
2. Jaimie
3. DD

I would also like to fish with Hugh Hartsell, but he is no longer on here so I can't put him on the list.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

9ft4wt2

So, I have fished with some of those I consider the best and the friendliest on this board and would go anytime, anywhere with:

Brent
FT
TC
Ralph
OTS
Shane
Pelcrk

There are lots of others I would like to really fish with:

Peddlar,
Marty
Disco
Damsel

But if you made me pick only three I had never fished with --  I am not going to limit myself to those I have met. And this has nothing to do with any preconceived notion of how great an fly fisherman they are and what they could teach me.

Moreover, because i think it would be interesting and fun

1. TC's son, Firestick. There is something about the pure unbridled, unconstrained, total enthusiasm of a youngster catching fish that all of of us need to experience more often. It serves to remind us of why we started fishing and it helps to keep the dream and the ideal alive. Firestick loves the sport but more important he already understands the need to preserve and protect our trout waters. Lord, how I wish I had his life ahead of me.

2. JT. This could be dicey. I suspect JT and I are pretty much at opposite ends of the spectrum. JT in my estimation  is tending toward serious with a very dry sense of humor and I tend toward a devil-may-care, little on the strange side of humor. Still, I admire the man and kind of like the idea of telling somebody trying to push me out of a hole -- "I am fishing with him."

3. Gary. Gary doesn't talk a lot. Usually when he does it is either profound or hilarious. I tend to talk a lot with folks with whom I am comfortable, but I am not all that comfortable with all that many folks. I am, at my core a very strong introvert. I suspect Gary and I could fish all day, not say a word and have a great time.

9ft4wt

Trout Maharishi

I would like to fish with everyone here. 8), but if i could only pick three they would be......

Mr Plumber- I hear he is an expert with the brown trout ;D

Mr Outdoor Guy- I have been told he has a way with the ladies and I have some questions I would like to ask him. :-*

Mr Fat Al- I just want to see if someone can really be so screwed up as his on screen personna. ;)

Oh and my standby if one of these couldn't make it would be Mrs Brudog, I have seen pic of her, she is very pretty.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Bloy

Wolly

Badankles

DevinsDad

They seem like cool folks.
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Savannah

theres no way i could pic just three,.....

i too would love to fish with gary,.....i know we'd have a good time and i could learn alot,....i'd like to fish with shane, just for the one liners,.....i'd like to fish with kieth, but i'd want to fish with his whole family, i think that might be fun to watch,.....
al, i'd like to check out the allieworm,.....
brad, just to see how psycho he really is
damsel,.....because when i grow up i wanna be just like her
troutphisher
nature boy,.....i'd like to share beer and tunes with him
bill,.....i'd like to pick his brain
shank,.....i hear their are albies commin his way