News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

old unreliable (SEFFF) down again?

Started by Al, July 29, 2006, 14:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Is it just my computer or is old unreliable (SEFFF) down again? o-o.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jamie

"I don't much care for hatchery trout. They're better than no trout at all, but otherwise they're inferior in every way to their wild relatives" - John Gierach

Mstash

Devinsdad

Al

Now you folks know why, if it has to do with fishing, that I always post the identical topics on both forums. Seems like the other one has more activity but it sure isn't reliable lately. One of these days it may just disappear.

Probably the most important thing over there is the Fly Archives. Any chance of capturing what is over there or setting the ones on this board up that way?  

Woolly Bugger

the ratched head has all of those photos on another server....he's been there done that.... ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

It's been slow, but not totally dead.  I thought this new software was supposed to be hacker proof....  It looks like a Denial of Services attack to me, but then what do I know??? :-\

calebB

I can't get in at all either. o-o   I not a big forum jumper but this thing is finally getting on my nerves.  It's not like this is the first time, or the second time...

Caleb

flyman

Yawn..................... :-* I lost interest a long time ago. I have no idea why the sponsor continues to back that site. :-X

Quote from: Al on July 29, 2006, 16:15:30 PM

Probably the most important thing over there is the Fly Archives. Any chance of capturing what is over there or setting the ones on this board up that way?  

Anymore there are so many sites on fly tying, and so much information on fly tying, I'm not sure that an archvie like that has not exceeded it's usefulness.

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 29, 2006, 17:01:29 PM
the ratched head has all of those photos on another server....he's been there done that.... ;D

Yea, the only problem with that, the site he has them on has been has been having it's own problems. It may be gone also.  http://www.myfishingpictures.com/index.php

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

teachrtec

Brad  8)

troutphisher

I haven't noticed? But then again I don't visit much anymore.

Al, what features would you like to see in the fly archive's here?
Maybe Woolly can set something up?

I think we could create an archive with member input here.
let us know what you want features you would like to see in the archives.

Thanks

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

This should probably be a new thread, but I think the archive format is fine as it is, and we can create new categories as needed.  We just need to put more flys and patterns into it.  Ratchethead uses the flytying contests to help populate the archive.  I'm not sure that's too useful, but if the flytiers on this board put a little effort into it, I'm sure we could create as good an archive as that one is. 

Al

I agree with Paul - Probably don't need to tinker with the format. Just need more flies in each category. Also agree that just putting a pretty fly in the mix is not helpful. What I like are flies that folks are catching fish with.

Seems like we need more folks to take the time to photograph and post. I just came up with an easy egg pattern for Alaska. Nothing original. Might even work down here on DH. If it works I will post it as soon as we get back.

natureboy