News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New river floaty

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 24, 2023, 08:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bmadd

Woolly Bugger

#23 - 43 Gas $3.22

Riverbum was telling me how great the smallie fishing had been, and asked if I was interested in a Wednesday float. "We'll be getting off the river early, around 2:45"

I met him in Dobson for the ride to the river. We dropped the raft off, and the bum went to pick up Grayson at the lower ramp.

It didn't take long to get into fish.

It was a bright and sunny day with only a smattering of clouds.

We boated around 40 fish.

Superhero Dad back at home..

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

driver

Thats a motley crew right there. G-man back on the fags..

Big J

I smell the smell of that raft just from those photos. Nice work guys

Dougfish

Heros!
To somebody.
Somewhere.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

RiverbumCO

To everyone
Everywhere
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Onslow

Good work.

Those bass need some a few hamburgers.

Phil

Nice, very nice. Can I ask a newbie to smallmouth floaty bote fishihg question? Are you using intermediate sinking, sink tip, or floating lines?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on May 26, 2023, 14:43:07 PMAre you using intermediate sinking, sink tip, or floating lines?

floating line, weighted streamers, and poppers did the trick...
me -There's a season?

Onslow

Quote from: Phil on May 26, 2023, 14:43:07 PMNice, very nice. Can I ask a newbie to smallmouth floaty bote fishihg question? Are you using intermediate sinking, sink tip, or floating lines?

#2 Kraft style crawdads can be fished with a 5 wt. floating line albeit not gracefully with a heavy leader

Your skinny New river tribs are well suited for topwater.  Richard Griggs at Carolina Mt. Sports kills em on the New River forks with sneaky petes.

Generic #2 or #4 woolly buggers are very effective.  When rocks get too snaggy, try intruders with upturned hooks. 

There is some advantage to throwing a sink tip if your streamers are a bit oversized for the rod.

It is topwater season for smaller streams. 

Do not fish topwater on the Yadkin as it is a fools errand.

Phil

Thanks for the info, you guys. I'm going to be doing more bass fishing (hopefully) and need all the help I can get. I've relied on spinning gear for that in the past but hope to catch more this year on the fly.