News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tuesday Snooping

Started by Onslow, May 09, 2023, 16:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

So today was to be the carp day.  Once again, no rain in the outlook, but upon making preparations this morning, a large cluster of rain/storms were making their way across the mountains. I stonewalled a bit, but finally made the call to stay close to home since the rain had all but stopped.

I was hoping for the sun to come out after the rain moved away, but no such luck.  It was cool and cloudy and and the chill was annoying as I pulled the canoe up the river

You cannot view this attachment.

After almost 2 hours of complete nothing, almost ready to return back to the house, a biggun was on my line.  After a good tussle, this 18 incher came unglued. It was in a stubblefield in the least shaded spot in the river.  Caught one right after at 14", and returned it to the water without a pic.

Not long after, I came upon a lay-down in dead calm water. Yep.

The paddle never made it to the van, and I was up the creek without a paddle and no care was given.  This will have to work for the 2 mile float back.  I would've gone up further, but kept on  encountering homes at nearly every sweet spot.  This river has gone downhill over the years.

There is a home behind this undercut.  I pulled in tight, and nailed one there.  I could hear voices..... No one saw me when I slipped downstream.

Caught a largemouth and a couple spots as well. Some of the fish were spawned out, some still appeared to have eggs.

As I was unloading the gear, a Rose Breasted Grosbeak allowed me to snap a pic.  This was the highlight of the day

I