News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Spring??

Started by driver, March 08, 2023, 19:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

This weather has me screwed up. The images in my mind of everything in bloom tells me the white bass should be running in full force. Work has been stupid busy, life has been stupid busy. Under normal conditions I would have be on the local water by now. The planets aligned and I was able to slip out for a couple of hours.

My old man texted me to say he was going to try for white bass earlier in the day. I had not heard any reports of fish being caught by 3pm. So I decided to head to my favorite LMB spot.

It's a good hike to this spot, so I was able to enjoy the sights and sounds of this early spring.

As the sun moved behind the hills, and the cool wind got stronger. I decided it was a good afternoon and headed home. No whitey yet. Hearing of a few being caught.

Big J

You the old man?  Only one picture showing up on your post.

driver

Which pic? I tried something new with Google Photos. They all show on my side. Must be a permissions issue.

Woolly Bugger

this is the only one showing up...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Gramps still hasn't figured it out?

driver

Quote from: Big J on March 09, 2023, 13:36:12 PMGramps still hasn't figured it out?

Shouldn't you be doing someone's taxes?

I sure as hell don't have time to screw with this during the day.

Trout Maharishi

Those are some nice river LM bass. I hear the white bass run is going strong.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Big J

Quote from: driver on March 09, 2023, 17:55:48 PM
Quote from: Big J on March 09, 2023, 13:36:12 PMGramps still hasn't figured it out?

I sometimes need a break from the monotony.

Nice bass.  V:;

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: driver on March 09, 2023, 17:55:48 PM

About half of what he does this time of year is file extensions d:b
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

That works. 

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006