News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

PFF V-45

Started by Stone-Man, February 18, 2023, 17:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-Man

We have approx  22 signed up with another 6 possibles. I will let you Know ASAP if that number changes. Thx for bringing Cherokee. He is always good for a laugh after his second face plant

Woolly Bugger

#23 - 38,39  70s, partly cloudy with scattered showers

I got over Friday afternoon and went on down to big springs hoping for some sulfur action. I hopped in at an all too popular spot and managed to swing up a couple of fish. Fred stopped by and we chatted for a bit. I realized that my license had probably expired and I made an attempt to purchase on-line but I couldn't complete the process with the week cell service. Oh, well, I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Fred spotted a riser and then watched me catch it. I moved on downstream and caught a couple of handfuls, before deciding to head to camp and get the tent set-up before dinner.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I drove around in circles looking for a spot to pitch my tent. Finally got a spot close to the port-a-potty, that's what I get for showing up late.

It was good to see everybody. We talked about plans for the next day while chowing down. The weather was a factor in shaping plans. I didn't take any photos in camp, a first for me.

Breakfast at the corner store was awesome as usual and then it was off to the river. I tried again to complete the license purchase, but had to driver around to get a better signal, so that the web site would function properly. By that time some of the prime locations were taken and I settled on the Mule Hole. As I pulled up I noticed a Range Rover and had to check the plates to make sure it wasn't Jeeves.  NC tag, so it wasn't him, down of the river I heard a fisherman coming up the stream and when we met I asked if he was in the Range Rover from NC, and he replied, "Why? Did you hit it?" I thought that was a strange response. Turns out he and his buddy are from Asheville and fish over on the SoHo regular, "Not any surface activity today," they reported, "Only a handful of rainbows,"

I moved to the top of the run and swung up a mix of small browns and rainbows. By the time I got down to the mule hole they had departed and I continued to swing up fish. Nothing big enough to bother taking a photo of, although I forced myself to record a few.

The weather event finally arrived at four o'clock and I packed it in, but drove on back to camp to see what was going on and perhaps stick around for the Low Country Boil. The camp was completely empty at 5:15 and it didn't look like dinner would be served anytime soon, so I headed home.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Pansyman

Sorry I missed you miscreants this year. Both of my offspring graduated from UT on Saturday and that's much more important than you fart pullers. 
I'll be back. Let's not let this thing go away.
✌🏼
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Stone-Man

There was discussion this w/e about not letting this thing go away. I think that we all need to focus on getting a few more (new) campers  (PFF,ers) I will most likely post a thread about this subject  in the next week or so-   BTW, we ended up with 28 in camp this weekend.  Lots more to discuss about  the future of PFF.

Stone-Man

Fishbug

Was PFF #2 for me. Ready for #3.

Do the dates follow a trend (ie 3rd wknd in May)?

Stone-Man

Bug
  PFF Shady Valley is always the weekend after mothers day.  Thanks for coming and putting up with Fred---- LOL

Stone-Man

Fishbug

Quote from: Stone-Man on May 27, 2023, 10:36:28 AMBug
  PFF Shady Valley is always the weekend after mothers day.  Thanks for coming and putting up with Fred---- LOL

Stone-Man

What about the fall SOHO trip?

Fred bought me bfast; hes A-OK in my book  :cheers

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Fishbug on May 27, 2023, 20:45:35 PM
Quote from: Stone-Man on May 27, 2023, 10:36:28 AMBug

Stone-Man

What about the fall SOHO trip?

Fred bought me bfast; hes A-OK in my book  :cheers

usually first or second weekend in October...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Don't forget about the Smallie Show in August, if it happens this year....

Onslow

Quote from: Phil on May 28, 2023, 15:38:46 PMDon't forget about the Smallie Show in August, if it happens this year....

When was the last time Ralph hosted one of these?  2019 was the last year one was announced here.

Phil

We had one last year, but it was a very last-minute thing. Ralph had major problems finding a campsite.