Like angling, golf will tell you a story

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, January 26, 2023, 13:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I continue to question why I dabble in the game of golf.  I ain't worth a damn; if lucky, I shoot in the 90s.  I suppose the real reason I play is my son likes the game and is fairly good at it, so we share some dad/son time.

It is so easy to cheat in golf.  I've seen it: miraculously find a lost ball deep in the woods, forget to count strokes, kick the ball for better position, etc. 

The bottom-line is the game reveals much about a person.  I've learned some disappointing tidbits about certain individuals playing the game.  And much like angling, it ain't worth spending time with some folks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/trump-called-out-on-his-golf-championships-by-famed-sportswriter-guy-cheats-like-a-4-yo-at-monopoly/ar-AA16JmN3
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Another reason I play a little golf.  Someday I might meet a golfer like this!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I'm not into interpreting nighttime dreams or believing they have some mystical meaning, but I awoke this morning, vividly remembering the almost stimulating dream which involved golf, a game I only played a few times this year.  No big deal, correct?  But, turned on the machine this morning, pulled up Youtube to search for clips of this year's U. of Louisville football team (Hokies play them on Sat.) and THIS video was first in line!

Would any of you guys like to take a stab to the significance of this, if any?

http://youtu.be/oCEbXygVHLs?si=1UHMmQ-hC35Czn_n