News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited Wokeness

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 08, 2023, 15:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Nothing wrong with liberal or conservative.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Wokeism is not liberalism. Trumpism is not conservatism. Wokeism and Trumpism are destructive cult movements.  5 billion in property damage and counting.

troutboy_II

Quote from: Onslow on March 16, 2023, 10:21:07 AMWokeism is not liberalism. Trumpism is not conservatism. Wokeism and Trumpism are destructive cult movements.  5 billion in property damage and counting.

Bravo!  Well put.
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Trout Maharishi

:laugh:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 18, 2023, 09:56:34 AMAudubon faces a backlash over keeping a name that evokes a racist enslaver  - https://www.npr.org/2023/03/18/1164293652/audubon-faces-a-backlash-after-deciding-to-keep-name-that-evokes-a-racist-enslav

I bet there are racists or worse in the annals of every organization.   He did not create the National Audubon Society; his name is nothing more than part of the organization's current identity.   So, ditch the name, find a new one, and move on.   

My suggestion is abandoning the idea of including any name of a human (past or present) in the identity of an organization.  We all have skeletons. 

Pimple on the ass of a screwy world.  Bigger fish to fry.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout Maharishi

I never understood when we were tearing down statues why we didn't get to these.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monuments_in_the_United_States_to_Nazi_collaborators
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 15, 2023, 09:15:00 AM
Quote from: Phil on March 14, 2023, 18:35:21 PMI will state, however, that I'm getting really tired of the term "woke." It's become a catch-all phrase to denigrate every conceivable issue that conservatives object to -- similar to describing everyone not in agreement with them as a "snowflake."

I've always viewed "woke" and "snowflake" as complimentary labels targeting folks that are informed, aware, sympathetic and caring for other humans, animals, and all of nature.

I see no relationship between the labels and your description.

My definitions

Snowflakes are mainly brittle people who cannot get along with people different then themselves.  They may prefer same sex sexual or life mate relationships because of being unwilling to get along, or tolerate those of the opposite sex.  They tend to be self centered, and are focused on making themselves comfortable. Conservative snowflakes  are also unwilling to get along, and tend to eat at chick-fil-a because they have a tribal image to maintain.

Woke folk are narcissists who believe they are culturally, and morally superior. The illiberal imposition of their ideals is their modus operandi. When you disagree, they will call you bigot, racist, and they will seek your destruction.  Like Trumpers, they are destroyers and not builders. They also lie, and are detached from reality like the Q peeps.  Many gravitate to protected communities (alphabet people) so they bully with impunity while cowardly hiding behind their protected status shield. They have an unquenchable thirst for power, seek to destroy the nuclear family, rewrite reality in terms of biology, and destroy traditional language. Wokers claim to be about science, but Richard Dawkins would disagree.  Dawkins said yesterday there are only two genders, and will continue to use "non-inclusive" pronouns. Many wokers also support youth transgender influencing which imo is monstrous and insidious. RuPaul was/is an artist who seemed to respectful of boundaries, and cared little about the business of influencing.  This new generation of gender benders are useful idiots serving on behalf of those who profit from chopping our youth.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Onslow on March 22, 2023, 17:55:19 PM
Quote from: trout-r-us on March 15, 2023, 09:15:00 AM
Quote from: Phil on March 14, 2023, 18:35:21 PMI will state, however, that I'm getting really tired of the term "woke." It's become a catch-all phrase to denigrate every conceivable issue that conservatives object to -- similar to describing everyone not in agreement with them as a "snowflake."

I've always viewed "woke" and "snowflake" as complimentary labels targeting folks that are informed, aware, sympathetic and caring for other humans, animals, and all of nature.

I see no relationship between the labels and your description.

My definitions

Snowflakes are mainly brittle people who cannot get along with people different then themselves.  They may prefer same sex sexual or life mate relationships because of being unwilling to get along, or tolerate those of the opposite sex.  They tend to be self centered, and are focused on making themselves comfortable. Conservative snowflakes frequent are also unwilling to get along, and tend to eat at chick-fil-a because they have a tribal image to maintain.

Woke folk are narcissists who believe they are culturally, and morally superior. The illiberal imposition of their ideals is their modus operandi. When you disagree, they will call you bigot, racist, and they will seek your destruction.  Like Trumpers, they are destroyers and not builders. They also lie, and are detached from reality like the Q peeps.  Many gravitate to protected communities (alphabet people) so they bully with impunity while cowardly hiding behind their protected status shield. They have an unquenchable thirst for power, seek to destroy the nuclear family, rewrite reality in terms of biology, and destroy traditional language. Wokers claim to be about science, but Richard Dawkins would disagree.  Dawkins said yesterday there are only two genders, and will continue to use "non-inclusive" pronouns. Many wokers also support youth transgender influencing which imo is monstrous and insidious. RuPaul was/is an artist who seemed to respectful of boundaries, and cared little about the business of influencing.  This new generation of gender benders are useful idiots serving on behalf of those who profit from chopping our youth.

Savage :cheers
― Charles Bukowski