News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

More Bassin

Started by Onslow, November 06, 2022, 17:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

About a week ago @Dougfish included in a TR the details of refining his euro game on the Smith.  Inspired by his determination to really test the aforementioned and results produced, I started making an attempt to be less sloppy, and not settling.

Today, I went to a small tailwater to fish for bass,  and try something that seems completely counterintuitive, and that would be fishing  what would be described as finesse in gear circles, or euro style inspired dredging in flyfishing circles.  The big girls liked the near zero retrieve in near zero current.  It would seem odd that a bass or any fish would even look at a crawdad just below a dam, but I caught crappie, bluegill, and all of the bass pictured except for one.  I did fish with some clousers, but the results were comparatively dismal.

The walk to the destination.

You cannot view this attachment.

No two pics of the same fish. All of the largest ones were between 18.5-19 inches.

The fish below had an attitude.  After tugging for three minutes, it just decided to anchor to the bottom, and not move. I think it found a rock.  After some risky pullage, It finally decided to move again.

I had lost about a 4 pounder earlier in the day, and I should've retied.  The next big bass broke it off.  I have no idea how big it was.  I was somewhat disappointed that I did not catch an 8 pounder, but that might just happen tomorrow.  Going for the gold ring...

Phil

Sweet bejesus, Ken. You're killing it!  Huuuuge. :o  'c;

Ronbo

That is an impressive trip report. Great job.