News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Madness

Started by Onslow, November 29, 2022, 18:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Jacob and I had initially planned on fishing this beat this past Sunday. But due to the weather forecasting was very wobbly, the plan was not followed through.  I've had some gaps in my work schedule, and today was open. The goal was to penetrate the gorge to the midpoint by simply plowing downstream. There is no trail, the terrain is steep, but the stream is very crooked, which allows one to cross the bends over land.

1.85 miles of ridge surfing and wet wading, I finally made it to the destination, an epic glory hole where I caught a 17" bow a few years back

You cannot view this attachment.

No love to be found there today. It was just before 10 AM.  It was still chilly, sun was limited due to the terrain.  The fish were reluctant to bite until around noon.

It took me a while to figure out what the browns were up to.  They were warming themselves among rocks in shallow water in bright sunshine.

Pune fest for the most part.  Smaller cookie cutter bows were skinny.

3.2 miles of wading/fishing, and a total of 5.1 miles walked in wading boots. Lots of walkover skinny water.  I'm too old for this craziness.

Next year will be a bass fishing year. 

Big J

d:b  Impressed you knocked that section out solo. Wish she would have rewarded you better. Pretty looking water