News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fall Kid Camping Trip

Started by Big J, October 17, 2022, 09:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Slacked this spring and didn't get the girls out camping.  Been extremely busy this year in general but decided I needed to make a fall trip happen.  They are at that age where they are constantly arguing and picking at each other but I was hoping a little outdoor bonding would mitigate some of that.  They did alright for 2 nights, 3 days of being around each other.  Had to threaten to throw them into the pond a few times. 

We timed the fall leaf change about perfectly.  Weather was high 70's and lows were mid 40's one night and low 50's the next.  Space heater in tent kept everyone happy and warm.

One of the kids is a picky eater like their mother, but nobody complains with a homemade sourdough pizza.

Night was rough with one kid deciding they needed to pee 3 times during night.  Coffee and some breakfast helped keeping me disgruntled at the biscuit head that kept me up.

Can't leave the Heron alone.

Wife and other little tike came up for the afternoon for some hiking and ice cream.

Then another round of pizzas and some smores.

Both kids slept better that night from full day of festivities.  Woke up to breakfast, packed up camp, and hit the nearby trout stream for a couple hours.

Successful weekend.

Onslow

Well done.  Damn good looking eats.

Phil

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hcrum87hc

Right on pops.  Our first fall camping trip is this upcoming weekend.  We'll be going again the first weekend of November.  The wife and I decided we needed to camp more often as the girls are growing up.  Those pizzas look amazing.
Jeremiah 17:7

joe friday

Looks like a "Best Day Ever" situation.  Good job, Dad!

troutboy_II

Wow. Y'all obviously had a great time.  Good job Dad!

Now about that pizza oven...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Big J

Quote from: troutboy_II on October 26, 2022, 08:43:26 AMWow. Y'all obviously had a great time.  Good job Dad!

Now about that pizza oven...

TB

Best $84 I've spent. Charcoal fueled oven. With lump charcoal I hit 700-800 degrees pretty easily.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on October 26, 2022, 09:13:17 AMWith lump charcoal I hit 700-800 degrees pretty easily.

how long to get to temp?

how long does it take to cook the pizza?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 26, 2022, 09:33:47 AM
Quote from: Big J on October 26, 2022, 09:13:17 AMWith lump charcoal I hit 700-800 degrees pretty easily.

how long to get to temp?

how long does it take to cook the pizza?

Light charcoal in chimney. Get it going (20-30 minutes). Throw it in basket on oven. Then it's usually 15-20 minutes to get it to 700 degrees. Cooks a pizza in 2 minutes with a quarter turn every 30 seconds.

Stone-Man

ATTABOY     damn nice trip with plenty of photos

Stone-Man