News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Picture Perfect

Started by Onslow, October 16, 2022, 19:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Priorities matter.  Had to feed the bird before adventuring.  Fresh cooked Arkansas Black apples from the yard, and scratch made blueberry pancakes from berries grown at home.

You cannot view this attachment.

Queen Elizabeth rose keeping up appearances

The Dainty Bess is about to put on a show as well.

I've been wanting to float this segment for many moons. I finally have two vehicles that will canoe carry, and with my son being a loyal float companion, things can happen.  Work is cooperating this Fall, and I jumped on the opportunity.

After dropping off a vehicle at the takeout,  we arrived at the put in only to find this. WTF.

This car reeks of the hard core river bassers that once frequented the now defunct Riverbassin forum.   Was this their take out ride, or put in ride?

Plucked a couple smallie punes early on, then caught this Kentucky Spot

Things justed died after the first thirty minutes.  I didn't even get a hit at one of the glory holes that is generous.

At the half way point where the second leg of the trip started, I caught up with the boaters that I suspected were low holing me.  It was none other then Tread(Eric) and Mookie (Brett) from Riverbassin. I haven't seem them boys in about 11 years. Brett was fishing, but I did chat with Eric for a bit. We discussed the woes of the lower New.  Eric mentioned a situation about 5-6 years ago when the New experienced a very high water even after some of the thickest icing in recent memory.  This turned the the river into an ice/slush grinder. Perhaps Eric may be on to something.

The fishing continued to suck although I wasn't wholly dispirited, this due to the colorful environs, and perfect weather. I was considering throttling it back to the truck around 3:45 when I had a high impact pull on the other end of the line.  Missed the strike. Had several more. I switched rods, and started tossing a #2 bugger.  This largely took care of the hooking problem. The last order of intruder I bought have crappy circle hooks.  If I'd had a brain, I would've put the phone away at this point, and focused on catching fish.  The bite was hot.  A fish for every 3-10 casts.  Lost one about 3 pounds. I also lost about 10 minutes unsnarling the net/fishing line/streamer from one of the fish.  In thirty minutes, things started dying down.  I've never seen this river be so dead, then get this hot.

Citation Kentucky Spot

Called it a wrap at 4:45. I was satisfied, and mighty pleased at what I saw in regarding the quantity of fish being present here.

itieuglyflies

Super breakfast,beautiful roses,great scenery and good fish and with your son........go Ken.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Oh, them boys are going to get aggravated that you fished/mentioned/looked at any river in the state since they overlook/own/manage them all.  :;!  :P  :laugh:

Hell of a day there, Kenneth. Rock on.  :cheers

Onslow

Quote from: Dee-Vo on October 17, 2022, 07:26:25 AMOh, them boys are going to get aggravated that you fished/mentioned/looked at any river in the state since they overlook/own/manage them all.  :;!  :P  :laugh:

Hell of a day there, Kenneth. Rock on.  :cheers

I SpongeBob'd Tread

Phil

Durn good stuff right there, Mr. Ken.  :bow

Stone-Man

Agree,  nice pictures and some damn nice bassums

Stone-Man