News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ted Lasso

Started by troutboy_II, September 15, 2023, 16:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

Ok, so I searched and found no comments on this phenomenon.  So I thought, has no one seen the show?  So I figured, what the hell, I'd ask.

Discuss...

TB  /'/
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

trout-r-us

It seems to be a big to-do out in Kansas City where my brother lives. Soccer is a big thing for his grandkids.
I've watched a few episodes and wasn't drawn to it, but it's always tough to jump in after it's been on for a year or so. His wife and her family are huge fans. And like with everything these days, ya gotta have the right streaming App. Apple TV in this case I believe.
If ya like soccer, it may be for you.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

Heard it mentioned — haven't watched! Watching Barry on Max
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

Hmm.... Surprising "meh" on this show from y'all. I figured there might be some strong feelings one way or the other.

For those of you who've not seen it, I recommend it.  'Course, I like stuff like this - clever word play, many references and take off's on movies I like, lots of profanity, and and a clearly overall adult theme with an extraordinary soft finish. Not seen anything quite like it in a long time.  Sorta the same feel of MASH, funny and serious at the same time. Tears occasionally involved?  Maybe :o

So, if you happen to have Apple +, I suggest you give it a shot.  No real "football" (soccer) knowledge required.  In fact, maybe better with out it.

My $.02 even though you didn't ask.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

No Apple +, no Hulu, no Disney, no Starz, just Netflix, Amazon, and Max
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Great series. Very well done.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006