News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Durn Tick Bite

Started by Phil, August 09, 2022, 16:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Went to the weekend camp/fish on the New for smallies. I caught fish, but also a tick that I finally discovered yesterday evening. Doctor's office today, 14 days on doxycycline. Aaack. I hate a friggin' tick!

I went for this --
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

and also got this --
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Woolly Bugger

You and me both!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I heard that new monkey pox looks like a like  a tick bite.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Phil

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 10, 2022, 07:32:02 AMI heard that new monkey pox looks like a like  a tick bite.

:Dance  :laugh:

jwgnc

Tiny little ba$tard on a standard Q-tip.  Dug the other mandible? out with a needle.

You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Phil

Yeah, I dug around with a needle as well. My tick was bigger than yours. Heh.
 I have a growing area of purple around the bite, dammit. Hoping I got it looked at by the Dr. and started antibiotics quickly enough.  b';

Onslow

It took 14 months for my last tick bite to completely stop itching.

Phil

Quote from: Onslow on August 10, 2022, 13:06:21 PMIt took 14 months for my last tick bite to completely stop itching.

I do not know why I clicked "like" on that post....  :o

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Good luck with the ticks and their bites.  As I've said before, spider, mosquito, black fly, bee, or most other critter bites or stings do not alarm me.   BUT, ticks frighten the hell out of me!  No concrete proof, but I am convinced ticks are harboring nasties yet unknown.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon