Jon Stewart Slams GOP for Stalling Veteran Health Care Bill

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 02, 2022, 09:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Write a stand alone bill to help these veterans and it will pass. The Senate previously voted 84-14 in support of a bill to provide medical care to veterans and service members exposed to burn pits. The House passed the burn pits bill earlier this month on a vote of 342-88, but the House wrote changes to a version of the bill that previously passed the Senate and that required the Senate to reconsider the bill. As usual politicians mouths water when they think they can't attach additonal pork to a popular bill like this. Plus it's a good way to make the other side look bad if it fails to pass. As usual there's more than meets the eye here.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

"The Senate began voting on the PACT Act around 5 p.m., with votes on three Republican amendments before a vote on final passage of the bill, which was 86-11. None of the proposed amendments passed."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/amid-protests-senate-poised-pass-210547698.html

So the attempt to amend the bill failed, yet they then went ahead and voted for it anyway.
Turns out to be just another dog and pony show by this new radical right wing group in their attempt to remain obstinate.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

I'm glad it passed, those guys need help. I'm sick of both sides trying to stuff every bill with crap.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

If you have time to waste, write or call and let this bum know what you think.

"Sen. Thom Tillis from North Carolina voted against giving health care to veterans on Tuesday. His excuse was that the bill would expand the number of people getting treatment at VA clinics, which are already overwhelmed.

"This legislation will have adverse operational and administrative impacts, and I remain concerned that it will result in increased wait times, delays in receiving care, and a substantial increase in the claims backlog," Tillis said in a statement on his website.

Sen. Tillis's phone number in Washington is 202-224-6342 or you can email him using his online form."

https://gizmodo.com/email-phone-senators-voted-burn-pit-health-veterans-1849363840

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

Tillis and Burr have both been big time disappointments. Burr should be in prison for insider trading. I held my nose and voted for Tillis the last time, I won't do it again.
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 04, 2022, 10:43:13 AMTillis and Burr have both been big time disappointments. Burr should be in prison for insider trading. I held my nose and voted for Tillis the last time, I won't do it again.

Don't beat yourself up. I too have voted for a republican or two in the past. We all make mistakes. Best we can do is learn from those mistakes and move forward.
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: trout-r-us on August 04, 2022, 17:49:33 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 04, 2022, 10:43:13 AMTillis and Burr have both been big time disappointments. Burr should be in prison for insider trading. I held my nose and voted for Tillis the last time, I won't do it again.

Don't beat yourself up. I too have voted for a republican or two in the past. We all make mistakes. Best we can do is learn from those mistakes and move forward.

Get out of the sun TRU you're over heated :laugh:   Jimmy Carter and Mike Easley cured me of voting D. I'll just leave it blank if Tillis is the party nominee.
― Charles Bukowski