Finding some cool waters

Started by Big J, July 05, 2022, 10:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Got out Saturday morning for a half day.  Hit a stream I knew temps and water levels weren't going to be an issue.  One of the slower days I've had on this stream, but fish were caught and I was happy just to be outdoors.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

On the way home I swung by Mudwall's to make sure he was still alive and well living that hermit life.  Chatted for a while and met his grandson.  Prodded him on this fall letting me fish some streams he has access to sans Doug of course. 

Dee-Vo

Phil

Ohhhh, mighty fine water and brook trout!  :bow

The Dude

It looks like the local chupacabra took a nip at that first rainbow.  I'm glad you took the time to check in for a face-to-face with Hiner.  The world would be a better place with more of that going on (speaking as someone who generally hates people and would rather live in the shadows, of course.  I am a hypocrite that way).
As long as I am giving out free advice, be sure to keep an eye on your blood pressure as you get older with those high sodium streamside lunches!
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Onslow

Quote from: The Dude on July 05, 2022, 12:04:57 PMAs long as I am giving out free advice, be sure to keep an eye on your blood pressure as you get older with those high sodium streamside lunches!

Yes, strokes, migraines, pregnant man syndrome, gout, are some of the many blessings men receive for being great dads.

Last Winter, I consumed a wee bit too much salt probably due to eating grits and bacon.  I migraine set in late in the day during the 2.5 hour commute home. I managed the nausea for an hour, but as soon as neared the back door of my house, the vomiting began. The upheaval was so noisy and dramatic, my son burst out of the house with rifle in hand intending to eliminate the menacing beast just outside the door.

Big J

I've been trying to eat cleaner the past year.  A lot more chicken, rice, fish, and veggies.  That said, I do splurge regularly with eggs, bacon, and sausage.  I've cut out a lot of red meat from diet though.  Beef use to be the norm in my diet but substituted that for chicken and been feeling a little better.  Went to DC and had to push two kids around all weekend and next week my knee was bothering me.  No strength when going up steps.  Welcome to 30's?  -+;

rbphoto

Quote from: Big J on July 06, 2022, 08:01:21 AMI've been trying to eat cleaner the past year.  A lot more chicken, rice, fish, and veggies.  That said, I do splurge regularly with eggs, bacon, and sausage.  I've cut out a lot of red meat from diet though.  Beef use to be the norm in my diet but substituted that for chicken and been feeling a little better.  Went to DC and had to push two kids around all weekend and next week my knee was bothering me.  No strength when going up steps.  Welcome to 30's?  -+;

Knee problems suck and can take the joy out of fishing.

Get it looked at sooner than later.

My last bout was last August.  Had a steroid shot to get through my daughter's wedding without limping, then Euflexxa injected in November.  By Christmas the knee felt better than when I had my meniscus repair.

I am joining the clean eating scene again beginning next week.  Had really started at it somewhat until the fishing trip. 

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish