7 Types of Fly Fishermen - which one are you?

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 15, 2022, 08:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Select all that apply to you!

The Nympher
3 (60%)
The Purist
2 (40%)
The Streamer Junkie
1 (20%)
The Gearhead
1 (20%)
The Guru
1 (20%)
The Rookie
0 (0%)
The Fish Bum
2 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Woolly Bugger

The meateater published an article entitled;

7 TYPES OF FLY ANGLERS YOU'LL MEET ON THE WATER

>>>The pale light of dawn had just begun to shine off the surface of the river as we slid down the bank towards the water. It was one of those mornings that just felt good. My buddy Nate and I were anxious to get out on the water to start casting our spey rods for steelhead. We got to the head of a long fishy-looking run and had just started putting our rods together when another angler suddenly stepped out of the trees. "Shit," Nate said. "He's going to get on the run before us." I looked over at the other angler. He was busy rigging up a rod and paying us no mind and I saw that he was wearing an old navy-blue sweatshirt and pulling what looked like neoprene waders over the top of a pair of leggings.

"No worries," I said. "He's a Nympher. He'll go fish down at the tailout and won't get in our way." Nate looked at me at me quizzically. "How can you tell?" he asked. "I just can," I said.

https://www.themeateater.com/fish/fly/7-types-of-fly-anglers-youll-meet-on-the-water
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

None of the above. 

I don't plan to meet people on the water, and largely do not exist for those amateur anthropologists seeking to evaluate.

Category #8, misanthropic AF.

rbphoto

I aspire to be "The Lucky Bastard" from the article . . .
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Phil

Like all articles of this type, I think we are all an amalgamation of all the "types" except maybe the novice. I cast like a novice, but have been fishing too many years to qualify.

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski