Work begins on Ashe County bridge replacement on Blue Ridge Parkway

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 09, 2022, 12:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

>>>Two High Country sections of the Blue Ridge Parkway are getting big-budget makeovers.

Work has started to replace the Laurel Fork Bridge in Ashe County. The nearly 550-feet long structure was built in 1939, and parkway officials say it's at the end of its lifetime.

The project will shut down the bridge area and a detour is expected to be in place for the next two years.

The other High Country project on the parkway involves repaving work for a 75-mile stretch between Grandfather Mountain and Doughton Park.

That work will be staggered over the next three years so that the areas along the way will have continuous access.

Combined, the two parkway projects will cost an estimated $127 million. The federal Great American Outdoors Act is providing funding for the work.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 09, 2022, 12:36:21 PMGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Combined, the two parkway projects will cost an estimated $127 million. The federal Great American Outdoors Act is providing funding for the work.

Holy snit! :o They must be building it in Silver!

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

You cannot view this attachment.

550 feet long and quite high, not to mention the relative remoteness adds to the cost.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?