Perfect Sunday Afternoon

Started by Onslow, June 05, 2022, 20:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

The weather has been perfect.  It has been cool, sunny but with puffy clouds in the afternoon that do not result in thunderstorms.

Off to a local creek for a 2 hour quick hit. I was here earlier in the year, and was alarmed no brookies were caught above the falls where browns cannot pass.  I did not catch any brookies below the cascades as I have in years past. 

About a dozen or more in hand today.

Hiked a bit, dropped in at this old landslide site.  It is steep as a 12/12 pitch roof or steeper.

You cannot view this attachment.

There is a heavenly pool at the base of the cascades. Last year I hooked a 14 inch brown here and lost it. This fish now owns this property.

Next pool up...

This brookie was in a deep basin of froth with an upturned ledge lip.  The fish was under the lip.  I was shocked it was holed up there.

I tossed a small #12 rubberleg in the wedge under the wood up against a rock.  Felt a fierce yank, and something toothy ripped it off.  I had hooked one about 11 inches in the pool laster year.

Consolation prize of sorts.  This fish was in the exact same spot, but no rubberleg.

Not much was blooming except the occasional Indian Pipe.  Saw some oyster mushrooms.

Big J

Ken getting it. Nice way to spend the afternoon

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Pretty work. I hope someone gets a tiger at some point.

Phil

Git 'em, Ken, ya mountain goat! Nice work!  :bow