News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

so so on the so ho

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 05, 2022, 08:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

#66 gas $5.49 (non-ethanol) 60 - 80 degrees and sunny

That's a long way to go to catch a few punes....

The wheels were going to turn on a 2, so instead of starting out on top and moving down low (which was probably a better idea) I started low. There were only a few anglers and plenty of open water. There was nothing coming off the water and I didn't see any rises.

I thought I had figured out the euro game, but all I caught were pune rainbows and I found the bottom too many times and lost a bunch of flies.

A Jon boat with three fisherpeople made an effort to go behind me, which was mighty kind as one guy donned a pair on waders just to shove the boat through a rock garden.

When I cast and watched the flies drift and get sucked under yet another rock and hopelessly snagged, I moved on to friendlier water.

I caught more pune rainbows.

After a couple of hours of this I noticed that trout were sporadically sipping emergers. I hiked back to the car to switch rods.
I recently washed, treated, and repaired the welded loop on the 5 wt. line. I had acquired an Airflow floating polyleader and wanted to try it. I managed to entice a few of the sipping brown trout before a group of kayakers barreled through and interrupted. I drank a beer and waited, but then a couple of girls took an inflatable out into the run and paddled up and down and all around. I moved on. Back at the car I ran into an angler from CLT who also had a very slow day.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Nice work, Boss. I commend anyone who has the skill, patience to go there and be very productive. Not my fave river, mainly because I suck there, apparently.

Phil

Quote from: Dee-Vo on June 05, 2022, 17:48:30 PMNice work, Boss. I commend anyone who has the skill, patience to go there and be very productive. Not my fave river, mainly because I suck there, apparently.

I've sucked there for years pretty much every time but once or twice. I guess it threw me a bone those days.