As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Gun laws

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 02, 2022, 16:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agree or disagree

3-day waiting period
15 (62.5%)
Restrict or eliminate marketing (like tobacco)
6 (25%)
More "red flag" laws
11 (45.8%)
Restrictions on "assault style" weapons
12 (50%)
Require training
11 (45.8%)
Increase taxes to pay compensation for medical, law enforcement and victims
5 (20.8%)
None of the above
6 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Woolly Bugger

If you think police will Protect and Serve — they have no special duty to protect you as decided by the Supreme Court

Give this a listen

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/radiolab/id152249110?i=1000566811622
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

greg

I haven't listened to podcast but all I know is in most school shootings the resource officer is nowhere to be found.

Woolly Bugger

Guns stolen in Knoxville are often taken from cars. Second Amendment advocates want to stop it

>>>Criminals looking to beef up their arsenal of weapons use a variety of methods, including illegal purchases. But in Knoxville, a surprising number of firearms are simply stolen from unlocked vehicles.

"We've seen cases where individuals who are going to engage in gun violence go out and look for unlocked cars to try to find guns," said Knoxville Police Lt. Josh Shaffer. "Those guns are taken at residences overnight, people are leaving their cars unlocked. It was pretty eye-opening how many are taken, and from a completely unlocked car."

The problem is so prevalent that even Second Amendment advocate lawmakers are trying to walk back the bills they passed allowing Tennesseans to leave guns in their cars.

>>>The Knoxville Police Department recorded 156 reports of firearm thefts in 2021. Of those, the "vast majority" — 123 — were reported stolen from vehicles, said department spokesman Scott Erland. And more than half of those were from an unlocked vehicle, he said.

>>>"It didn't cross my mind that we would have that many stupid people with weapons in their cars," he said. "These are the unintended consequences that we have an obligation to go back and fix."

And he is trying to fix it. Hardaway co-authored a bill, HB 2087, that stalled out in this year's legislative session. The bill would make it illegal to store a firearm or ammunition in a vehicle or boat while the person is not in the vehicle or boat, unless it is locked in the trunk, utility or glove box, or in a locked container securely affixed to the vehicle or boat.

The bill also would require the owner of a firearm to report its loss or theft to law enforcement within 24 hours of the discovery of the loss or theft.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2022/06/22/knoxville-police-say-most-guns-stolen-unlocked-vehicles/7153340001/
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Trending on twitter

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 11, 2022, 14:46:11 PM
Quote from: streamereater_101691 on June 10, 2022, 22:06:38 PMAR gets all the bad rap because it looks different?

They are getting that notoriety by the mass casualties that they have inflicted and the carnage they cause as the "weapon of choice" in so many mass shootings.

Journalists, it's time to show the bodies of mass shooting victims
Display a photograph or three that can help the public understand exactly what happens when a weapon designed for war is unleashed on innocent, unarmed people, write David Boardman and Amy Goldberg.

https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/graphic-images-shooting-victims-journalism-ethics-20220608.html

Most evil Ar-15s are chambered in 5.56/.223, which is actually a very puny rifle round. I'd take five hits with one of those "weapons of war" over one from a .30-06 hunting rifle any day. Pretty much all guns were the "weapons of war" of their time, from the bolt-action Springfield to the lever-action carbine. And the military doesn't use semi-automatic AR-15s to begin with.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

trout-r-us

"That is why the AR-15 is ACCURATELY CALLED a 'weapon of war.' It is a very deadly weapon with the same basic functionality that our troops use to kill the enemy. Don't take the bait when anti-gun-safety folks argue about it. They know it's true. Now you do too."

https://www.upworthy.com/military-general-explains-ar15-weapon-of-war?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — All Guilford County High Schools will soon have an added layer of protection. Before the start of the school year, walk-through scanners will be installed.

The scanners are something the district has been testing out in summer school at two high schools, High Point Central High and Smith High.

https://wxii12.com/article/guilford-county-schools-installing-walk-through-scanners-at-all-high-schools/40681523
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

North Carolina county putting AR-15s in every school for security

>>>The school system in Madison County, N.C., plans to put AR-15 rifles in emergency safes in each of its six schools as a part of a plan for enhanced security in the wake of the Uvalde, Texas, school shooting earlier this year.

"We were able to put an AR-15 rifle and safes in all of our schools in the county," Sheriff Buddy Harwood told the Asheville Citizen-Times. "We've also got breaching tools to go into those safes. We've got extra magazines with ammo in those safes."

https://myfox8.com/news/north-carolina-county-putting-ar-15s-in-every-school-for-security/
me -There's a season?