News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Down The Tubes

Started by Onslow, June 01, 2022, 17:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Since few are posting, I shall post some crap

This hike took place last Wed between the two major rain events.  I went to a small local stream that also happens to be in one of the most beautiful parcels of public land north of Asheville. The creek typically has some decent fish, and plenty.  The streambed is great, but with many undercuts and sieves for fish to hide, like a mini Linville gorge.

I had high expectations, but the fishing ended up being a pune fest.  Probably 10 fish an hour for six hours, but only three neared 10 inches, and I lost a few that were between 8-10.

Microscope feature on the camera sucks.

Hold still, you wretched pune!

This stream is being transformed by deadwood.  Old hemlock and white pine logs are forming ledges, and enlarging pools.  The stream is also very trashy with wood.  Trying to get around a falls here, but couldn't.  Some crazy stuff going on at the base.  Had to backtrack, and find the trail.

Love the gold.  Some caught were almost black I suppose due to not being exposed to light.

Right above a nice pool.  Hell no!

Things seem to be off this year.  Fish are not that fat either which isn't normal for this creek.  Hmmm.

Dougfish

Nice, Ken.  'c;
Extra moist.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Phil

Fine stuff. especially the dark colors on that bow.  'c;  P.S. I wouldn't go under that widowmaker either!

itieuglyflies

Keep it up Ken. You make it into some very special places.

Dee-Vo

Ah, yes. I was awaiting this report.

Small rainbow stream of the heavens. We need to spend some time dredging those deep holes. Maybe a nice 16" or larger wild bow is swimming the depths. I'd bet on it.