Wader Woes and Care

Started by Fishbug, June 03, 2023, 21:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishbug

Ive always had cheap waders; my last set was going 3-4 yrs strong then progressively leaked.

Got some Simms; pants happen to be on sale too so got a replacement for my cheapo Cabelas pants (which overall held up well, but also leaked)

Used em for the 4th time and both boots leaking.  n!n

Warranty will cover but got me thinking—-how do care for your waders post fishing? I've always just shoved them in the truck bed to dry and never had an issue. Even upgraded to a nice plastic container for these to keep them safer after. Is heat damage a thing?

Thinking these were duds otherwise Im going back to el cheapos.

Woolly Bugger

I've had Simms, Dan Bailey's, LL Bean, they are all going to leak sooner or later. Currently have Orvis Pros, always throw them in the back, never have hung them up to dry. Over 250 days of fishing - no problems! Would deff buy them again!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Most times I turn them inside out to dry. Draped over the front of the raft in the garage.  :laugh:
Wader funk is real.
Current waders are Redington. Best fitting wader I've owned. Coming up on one year. Knock on wood.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Leaks are not the end of waders and can be fixed. Just follow the instructions!

troutboy_II

Mine alway hung on porch till dry, then hang in pump house. Seems to last that way. But Onslow and others are right, they all will leak, but pretty easy to patch, usually.

I've had good luck with Simms lower priced version.

My $.02 since you asked.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.