News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Calling JT

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 27, 2022, 20:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Robin Van Dette was out fishing with her husband Mark late last month when she landed a whopper of a sunfish on her first cast. Although she was a little disappointed at first—Van Dette was hoping for a big catfish—her husband had the opposite reaction and convinced her to keep it. They weighed the redear sunfish, also known as a shellcracker, and the fish has now been confirmed as a new lake record for the species, Georgia Outdoor News reports.

The folks at Flint River Outdoors thought differently. And when they put it on the scale, they saw that the sunfish weighed 2 pounds, 1.44 ounces, making it the largest redear sunfish ever recorded on Lake Blackshear. Officers with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources confirmed the lake record, which measured 13.75 inches long with a 16-inch girth.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/department-of-fish-and-wildlife-s-trap-tag-haze-program-sabotaged-by-angry-tahoe-community-members/ar-AAXNhDD?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=53ce965324364d069d9683f91860764e
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

Hog for sure,.  I am surprised that a larger one has not been caught out of that lake.  I caught a 2 Lb  2oz cracker out of Santee Cooper about 15 years ago.  But I cheated to do it. I was using a cricket on a cane pole.

Stone-Man