News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A walk in the woods.

Started by Woolly Bugger, March 01, 2022, 10:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

This is quite a beautiful little creek, I enjoy it also. The last time I was here I could've pissed more water into the creek than it already held.

I've only seen one other area that seemed to boast the flora that this one does and that was up at Wilson Creek, NC. It's worth stating that I haven't been at every creek at prime flora-popping time, naturally.

I may head here tomorrow, who knows?

Woolly Bugger

65 mostly sunny, gas $3.45

When I arrived at the trailhead there were already seven vehicles crowded into the parking area and another one pulled up as I was gearing up to wet wade the small creek.

I had planned to start up higher, but there are a couple of spots I like to hit along the way and once I got in the water, I just followed my usual route and with plenty of daylight ahead I could still hit the upper section, but when I reached the end of the usual beat, I saw two anglers coming down the trail. It was Pee-wee and his friend. They hollered at me, and I got out and we talked for a bit. I had been fishing behind them all day and the prospect of continuing became a mental thing and after a brief spell I decided I couldn't continue. I had caught a bunch of small 4-to-5-inch brookies and one that pushed seven. Most I didn't try to take photos of and the few that I did attempt managed to escape before the shutter button was pressed.

Here's what the day looked like minus the fish.

On the way out an Osprey flew up the gorge on a training mission.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

How's ol'  Pee-Wee Smoke doing? Last time I saw him he could barely walk. Hope he was moving better!

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phil on April 22, 2022, 09:37:31 AMHow's ol'  Pee-Wee Smoke doing? Last time I saw him he could barely walk. Hope he was moving better!

They made it up a mile above me - I passed them on the way out — they didn't catch up to me by the time I left.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Pretty time of year to be out and about. Peewee ain't got no friends :laugh:  :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

22midge

Ole Holy one I have a few friends on the payroll
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life