UCI and unidentified crawling insect

Started by Woolly Bugger, April 10, 2022, 15:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

What is this?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Wood Cockroach or wood roach, I think.   Native, sometimes called "accidental invaders" in homes.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

That's what I thought but it didn't match with online examples
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Take a coffee can and pick a few up, looks like that's what we will be eating before long.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 11, 2022, 22:52:29 PMTake a coffee can and pick a few up, looks like that's what we will be eating before long.

What do you mean "before long"?  We may not eat this particular critter, but I guarantee we devour their relatives every day.

"...........estimated that we eat, on average, 140,000 'bug bits' every year."

https://www.businessinsider.com/foods-full-of-insects-bugs-2017-6#:~:text=Even%20the%20FDA%20allows%20a,%2C%20chocolate%2C%20and%20wheat%20flour.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 12, 2022, 09:45:36 AM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 11, 2022, 22:52:29 PMTake a coffee can and pick a few up, looks like that's what we will be eating before long.

What do you mean "before long"?  We may not eat this particular critter, but I guarantee we devour their relatives every day.

"...........estimated that we eat, on average, 140,000 'bug bits' every year."

https://www.businessinsider.com/foods-full-of-insects-bugs-2017-6#:~:text=Even%20the%20FDA%20allows%20a,%2C%20chocolate%2C%20and%20wheat%20flour.

A stint in the selling of pest control/termite jobs when I was a younger fellow really opened my eyes to this. It's truly amazing.

Trout Maharishi

Yes I know we unknowly injest some bugs and bug parts. That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about the Bureau of Labor Statistics' (BLS) CPI index rose 8.5% in March compared to the same month last year. We will soon be eating bugs as a source of protein just like other 3rd world countries if the adults don't do something to regain control of the economy.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski