News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River July 14-17

Started by Fire-Fly, July 17, 2006, 19:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

Fished the Smith Fri july 14, I used a size 18 elk hair caddis(tan). To my suprise i caught about 25 fish over a 3 hour period. A couple of nice 10-11 inch rainbows and two nice browns that were 10 inches. Also landed one nice rainbow that was 15 inches. Most all of thes fish were under any over hang. I fished from behind the church almost up to rt 666 bridge.

Fished the Smith on Mon july 17. I fished the lower end of the special regs. Used a jap beetle imitation. Caught 10 brown one measuring 12 inches, got a picture of him and i will post soon, also caught 8 rainbow all around 8-10 inches. Any over hang, and fish were under it. I saw alot of rainbows swimming around me and some were probably from 15 -20 inches but none were interested in my fly.

Woolly Bugger

sounds like you've had a good time fishing the Smith....Thanks for the report...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

We finally have a local fellow who has learned to fish the Smith and is not afraid to tell about it.. A very quick learner, I might add.  Good Show!

larrybug