News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Lake Moomaw adventure

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, April 01, 2022, 10:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Finally got to take my new Hobie on the maiden voyage yesterday.  I know the vessel is plastic; I'm a hypocrite!

Caught a few "rough" fish in the lake on spinning rig and my pal failed to land the largest. We finally got to the trib that we were sure held brookies.  Rigged up the fly gear and headed upslope through the dense lakefront underbrush.  The flora finally opened up enough to cast a fly and we were not disappointed.  Very few fish, BUT all we hooked and landed were gorgeous.  I can't believe this watershed seems to yet be discovered and holds such nice natives.  Why there were so few but larger than norm requires more study. 

No more fishing for the next +month.  Spring turkeys next Saturday! 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Fin

Dougfish

Nice try, Stephen.  :Dance
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Damn. Now those are some pretty fish.

Stone-Man

Damn pretty Trout  and they are big also  !!!!!!!!!

JT

streamereater_101691

You had me for 10 seconds hiner.

Big J

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 01, 2022, 20:25:57 PMunbelievable  :Dance 

Darn tootin' it is unbelievable!  You would never catch me in a plastic setdown Hobie type boat, and I would never post photos of brookies like that if I caught them.  Pilfering pics from the web on 1 April seemed like the thing to do.

Peace and happy April.

Phil

I wasn't fooled. Muddy can't take fish photos with that quality even if he caught one.  :P

hcrum87hc

I'm still trying to figure out where redfish proliferate with brookies.
Jeremiah 17:7

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: hcrum87hc on April 04, 2022, 13:16:21 PMI'm still trying to figure out where redfish proliferate with brookies.

Good job!  Big J called me on the redfish.  It seems you 2 were the only ones that observed the anomaly.

I'll tell you how the redfish proliferate with brookies.  Go to google, then "catching fish with red dots", then to images, and you will find brookies and redfish together, often on the same page.