Enjoy Every Blueberry Pancake

Started by Onslow, March 27, 2022, 19:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

It was great to have a two day weekend.  Made a spread for the fam this morning, and gave consideration to all the wonderful benefits that comes with being a US citizen.

You cannot view this attachment.

Peace, abundance of good soil, water, which allows me to grow all kinds of goodies.  The garden is started, strawberries are popping, and blueberries will be blooming soon.

Headed off the the local after seeing Keith's Dutchman Breeches pics. This local is very local, and in NC. I was stunned by the status of the blooms.  Trillium in many areas has barely emerged.  Trout Lillys have petered out, and the DBs have barely emerged from the ground. I took a few pics of various flowers, but the for some reason, I cannot upload them on BRFFF.

Hit the trail at 11:20, then proceeded to hike up the trail 2.5 miles to the 1800' mark.  I have barely fished any of the upper reaches of this creek. I had hoped to fish in VA in the Dan watershed and collect some ramps, but I was concerned about the wind and cold at the higher altitudes.

Nothing but wiener size brookies were caught for a while, but as the gradient increased, so did the pool sizes. Before hitting the brown trout wall, a shadow was seen of a fish that could very well be the larges wild fish I've ever seen in this area.

Dougfish

Nice Fraser's Sedge in the last pic.
And feesh. 'c;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Solid brook trouts. Mighty pretty!

Trout Maharishi

Those are some nice specs for such a small stream. I enjoyed the photos. :bow
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski