News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Aircraft ID

Started by jwgnc, March 12, 2022, 12:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwgnc

I've often wondered what aircraft has just flown overhead, and found out how to identify it.  Click on the aircraft for an ID and its flight path/origin.  The web-page isn't all that user-friendly, but the FAQs and Map Help will get you started.  Change the coordinates in the URL, and clear its cookies to target your location.   Turn off the "DIM Map" setting to brighten the screen. 

https://globe.adsbexchange.com/?SiteLat=35.8104&SiteLon=-82.4472

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

pretty neat, I filtered by altitude to see all the private jets flying above 40,000 :o

I miss those days of flying in Gulfstreams and Falcons
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

That's pretty cool, WNC is a major N to S route for lots of aircraft. I like the private jet experience, but nothing beats a helicopter ride.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 12, 2022, 12:51:03 PMbut nothing beats a helicopter ride.

they scare the begeezees out of me...

The last time I flew on one was on Maui when we were working a show for Integon Insurance Co., as part of the Seminar, the participants got to go on a helicopter tour around Maui. The agent and their spouses flew on septate flights. Being in the insurance business they knew the actuarial statistics on helicopter crashes. Their actions gave one pause about flying together...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout-r-us

Cool website. Thanks for sharing.

And believe it or not, I finally found something that I agree with the Maharishi on. Helicopters are cool.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

jwgnc

Just don't zoom out.  You'll never want to fly again.You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 12, 2022, 17:52:40 PMCool website. Thanks for sharing.

And believe it or not, I finally found something that I agree with the Maharishi on. Helicopters are cool.

What a minute, I might want to change my mind :laugh: Just try to remember it's nothing personal, I'm just adding my 2 cents worth.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski