$5.99
1 (7.7%)
$6.99
3 (23.1%)
One time at band camp I got high
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Dougfish on March 07, 2022, 21:24:13 PMWe might bitch. But we go where we go.
Freedom Convoy burned some serious $$$$$ for their WTF cause...........?
I spent $10.00 to go fishing today.
No fucks to give.
It's not just gas prices or the little trips to the river we have to worry about. Our economy is based on cheap energy prices. If the price of energy goes up everything goes up. It cost more to manufacture things and get them to market. Yes oil companies have been making record revenues, but that doesn't always translate to record profits. You don't think their cost of getting the oil out of the ground and to market in 2022 hasn't increased? The oil business is profitable, what's new? Lot's of people have made fortunes in the oil business for a 100+ years. In 2020 the average barrel of oil sold for 37.22 a barrel with a low of 16.74 https://www.thebalance.com/oil-price-history-3306200. They lost huge sums of money and cut dividends to almost nothing or in some cases all but halted them by paying token dividends like 1 cent per share. Lots of people lost good paying jobs. Ships were sitting off shore for months waiting to unload because there was nowhere to store the oil. The cost of oil went negative breifly in 2020. The reason in many cases there are a huge numbers of oil leases and tracts of land under lease not being drilled is because of the recently low cost of oil and the quality of the oil. It simply wasn't ecnomically feasible to extract oil from some of these remote locations and turn a profit. Plus not all oil is in the form of Brent crude. It's low quality like the tar sands oil fields of Canada and cost more to refine it. Plus think about this, what other type of industry would work to produce more product to lower their profit margin? Want to produce more oil? Open up federal lands to new leases and lower the red tape in getting these leases approved. Let the oil companies build more pipelines, it's the cheapest and most efficent way to move it. We also need to build some new refineries. I'm glad I bought energy stocks during the pandemic. Oil is not going away in our life times.

Al-  The idea that they complain about the treatment of Biden after way the last president was treated and continues to be treated seems to be hypocritical to me. I don't blame Biden for the state America is in. He's not making policy or actually running the country. he's just reading the teleprompter and waiting for the next set of instructions  Plenty of blame on both sides for the condition we find ourselvs in.  We haven't had a decent president since Ike. :bow
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: troutboy_II on March 08, 2022, 16:42:31 PMWho's Brandon?

:-X  :-X

TB

Come on man! He's "your" president :cheers
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 08, 2022, 19:04:59 PM..........."The president said he would have the Federal Trade Commission investigate possible market manipulation or price gouging in the energy sector. So what would that look like?

WEBER: President Biden has called out that the prices for unfinished gasoline were down by 5%, where the prices at the gas station went up by 3%. So in other words, companies that are selling gas at the gas station are increasing prices by more, or, in this case, are not handing down the price decrease that they had enjoyed in November.".....

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/13/1080494838/economist-explains-record-corporate-profits-despite-rising-inflation

I find it quite interesting how all of a sudden corporate profits are being called into question. Did these companies not make a profit before? Is making a profit bad? Is making a profit and returning share holders equity in the form of higher dividends not the goal? There will never be a real investigation or anything done about it. Same ol blame game, blame the last guy, blame anyone but me it never ends. I know my own life changed for the better when I stopped blaming everyone else for my own problems. I also stopped blaming and hating people with money and tired to figure out ways to get me some of it. I'd like to see how some of you would act if you owned or were employed by these evil corporations. I bet some of you own shares in your 401's or IRA's, or they are owned by your pension funds.  I would be willing to bet bank it would be a differnet tune.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 09, 2022, 06:55:30 AMOh my, another ten cent millionaire preaching American economics, but the sermon feels incomplete without some mention of the wonders of supply side theory.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

Yes, there is room for improvement in America concerning social justice, but it is the consumer who CHOOSES to purchase that cheap chicken that handled by overworked, under payed workers. It is the consumer who chooses to buy a car that burns fossil fuels.  It is NOT the responsibility of the government to tell one to drive a horse and buggy, and be Amish, or to dictate which pronouns to use to address trannies, or ban the word gay.

One cannot be a bargain warrior, then bitch about social justice. You can't have it both ways.  For every choice made, there is a consequence, unless one is special, entitled, above the law, and perfect in the eyes of god.

Is any better in India, Venezuela, Laos?

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 09, 2022, 06:55:30 AMOh my, another ten cent millionaire preaching American economics, but the sermon feels incomplete without some mention of the wonders of supply side theory.
You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment. 

10 cent millionaire? That's a good one :cheers I guess I've lived long enough now to start seeing a pattern. I'm a long way from preaching, just some observations. BTW-I like memes. :wave
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Price per barrel fell sharply today. Maybe we'll get a break at the pump. -p-
― Charles Bukowski

streamereater_101691

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 08, 2022, 19:17:53 PMSheetz is the only place in our town that offers higher ethanol % options. I can't use the flex fuel but have started using the E15. Gonna check it out and compare mpg. Scanning your free Sheetz card gives a three cent discount off of shown prices.
 I normally fill up at Murphy USA over at Walmart as they normally have lowest prices for regular.

You cannot view this attachment.

Bob, you do understand that if your car isn't a ~2012 or newer, you're completely fucking up your fuel system. The tag on the pumps says 2004, but GM didn't start using ethanol resistant fuel lines after the fuel pump until 2012 on all their models. Most other companies are in that year timeframe as well. Yes, from 2004-2012, cars had ethanol resistant lines inside the gas tank, but NOT on the spray rails. Ask me how I know. 1 fuel pump, 1 set of injectors, and spray rail kit.

Dougfish

That corn will get after ya.  n!n
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Platypus

Quote from: Onslow on March 08, 2022, 16:41:34 PMSolar/battery powered homes and cars appear to be completely feasible.  24 panels and a freezer sized battery (30k).... Boom!

What cyber attack? A fragmented power supply ftw

Fuck Putin

I agree with the Fuck Putin sentiments.  Usually I'd say fuck any people fucking sociopath so fuck Putin, Trump, that donkey faced mother fucker McConnell and the biggest closeted candy stuffer in the senate Lindsey Graham. (Self edited for poor taste upon reflection) But i digress. 

Careful what you wish for on the E-vehicle front. That power has to come from somewhere. If your solar panel can't charge it your grid is gonna have to.  I've "read" there ain't enough grid capacity to charge all the electric cars musk, Mercedes' , Audi , yota, and who ever else is peddling these things. That being said in the short term we are gonna buy E car for the misses to compensate for my 11 MPG lifted v8 land cruiser. 

Suck it I'm going fishing.

Woolly Bugger

just about $4.09 everywhere in Winston
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout-r-us

You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

New all time record today. I guess releasing all that oil from the strategic petroleum reserve wasn't all that helpful p;- Glad I don't live in CA or drive a diesel vehicle. I still think it's going much higher. Electric vehicles don't make sense as long as gas is cheap.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/10/national-average-for-gasoline-hits-record-4point37-a-gallon.html
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

My next vehicle is probably going to be a RAV4 Prime (plug-in) hybrid version.

Main reasons for not staying with honda are height of rear hatch when open — I hit my head on a crv all the time and the crv hybrid has no tow capacity while the rav4 is rated at 1400 lbs
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

I try not to whine/bitch. Does zero good. I literally ignore things that get under my skin, if possible anyway. I don't enjoy hearing it from others, and for this reason, I assume they don't enjoy hearing from me.

Regarding gas pricing - the truck I currently have averages around 12 mpg. I've thought about trading since I don't use it for cattle often enough nowadays. Will see.

My last few fill ups look like this -- $119 $123 $125 $131 $131

And this is a gas truck, not diesel.

I've never let uncontrollable things such as this get to me and I don't plan on starting now. To hell with the gas prices, let them shoot through the fuckin' moon for all I give a damn.

hcrum87hc

Jumped $0.20 here on Monday from $3.89 to $4.09, and then jumped another $0.20 from Monday night to Tuesday morning and a couple places I saw.   
Jeremiah 17:7