Sign of the apocalypse or for the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood 3.0, September 20, 2021, 07:39:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Fishermen fear going out of business after Alaska cancels snow and king crab harvest

For the first time in US history, the Bering Sea snow crab harvest is closed and for the second consecutive year, so is the Bristol Bay red king Crab harvest

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/alaska-cancels-snow-king-crab-season/281-ca6e3fff-4217-4a4c-b7f3-df61edb752ad
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

AR-15 would be a good choice.  :cheers  Odd the migration is from blue to red states isn't it? :laugh: 
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Don't want a gun, don't buy a gun. Don't want your kid to be exposed to a drag show, don't take them to one. Seems easy enough to me.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Naked Virginia woman shot in leg after she allegedly broke into home, attacked victim with frying pan: police

Carroll County Sheriff's Office deputies initially responded to reports of a shooting on Loafers Rest Road in Austinsville on Feb. 26 and located Paula Michelle Locklear, 35, with a gunshot wound to the leg.

"During the course of the investigation, deputies determined that the shooting was the result of a breaking and entering," the sheriff's office said in a Sunday Facebook post. "The homeowner, who heard a noise at the rear area of the home, went to the kitchen and observed an unclothed female, who was unknown to the homeowner, coming into the rear door at which time [she] began hitting the homeowner with a cast iron fry pan in the head."

The victim was eventually able to kick Locklear out of his home and secure his door.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/naked-virginia-woman-shot-in-leg-after-she-allegedly-broke-into-home-attacked-victim-with-frying-pan-police/ar-AA18ikFp?ocid=msedgntp&pc=U531&cvid=3987a47bd17446be8a2961eeb1a5f3b8&ei=10

all y'all be careful out there; naked women in Virginia breaking int0 homes...  :o
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

No guns, better!

Last week we ventured across the state line with the grandsons to the WV State Fair.  This is what I saw, not all this attractive, most were one Reese's Piece from Jenny Craig.  I had no idea why so many dressed similarly.  Someone finally revealed there was a Riley Green concert around dark (I am not familiar with Riley Green).  So, I have surmised they were groupies or such since most were not accompanied by male companions.  Confused I was, am I missing something and need to get out more?

Apocalyptic continuation:  Inside all day, Miralax mixed with blue Gaterade chilling in the frig, ready for the slug of Dulcolax, baby wipes handy.  Colonoscopy and endoscopy both tomorrow morning, hope to get the esophagus re stretched.  No need to make me into a larger asshole.

You cannot view this attachment.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

greg

Hope procedure goes well. I had colonoscopy earlier this summer and now get to do the prep again for MRI in two weeks. Take care.

Woolly Bugger

U.S. Rate of Suicide by Firearm Reaches Record Level
Gun suicides increased from prepandemic rates in all racial and ethnic groups, but the degree of change differed drastically.

The rate of suicides involving guns in the United States has reached the highest level since officials began tracking it more than 50 years ago, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The rate increased by more than 10 percent in 2022 compared with 2019, and in some racial and ethnic groups, the rise was significantly steeper, especially among Native Americans. Overall, about 27,000 of 50,000 suicides were carried out by gun in 2022.

Federal researchers involved in the analysis suggested that the coronavirus pandemic might have exacerbated many of the known risk factors for suicide generally, which include social isolation, strained relationships, and drug and alcohol disorders. At the same time, outside experts noted, the increased rates also correlated with another trend seen during the acute phase of the pandemic: rising gun sales.

"When there are more firearms, there are more firearm suicides," said Michael Anestis, the executive director of the New Jersey Gun Violence Research Center.

The rate of suicide by any method has increased by one-third in the past two decades, according to federal data. More than half of those now involve firearms, the report said, a figure that translates to about one every 20 minutes.

On the flip side, more than half of all gun deaths in the United States are suicides.

To examine recent trends, federal researchers at the C.D.C.'s National Center for Injury Prevention and Control compiled and analyzed demographic and mortality data from the National Vital Statistics System and the Census Bureau. (Statistics from 2022, the most recent available data, are still considered preliminary.)

They found that the firearm suicide rate in 2022 (8.1 per 100,000) was the highest level since at least 1968, the earliest year on record in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data.

Suicide rates have increased across all racial and ethnic groups since 2019, but the degree of change differed drastically. American Indian and Alaska Native people, for example, saw the sharpest spike: a 66 percent increase in the rate of firearm suicides from 2019 to 2022 (to 10.6 from 6.4 per 100,000). The rate among Black people increased by 42 percent (to 5.3 from 3.8 ), and among Hispanic and Latino people by 28 percent (to 3.3 from 2.5). Asian and Pacific Island people saw firearm suicide rates increase by about 10 percent (to 1.9 from 1.7).

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/30/health/suicide-guns-cdc.html?unlocked_article_code=1.DU0.k5qR.nAl72kwVwyEk&hpgrp=k-abar&smid=url-share
me -There's a season?