News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited Poacher News

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 26, 2022, 11:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Montana moose poacher receives lifetime hunting ban

>>>A Montana hunter who illegally killed a trophy-size moose in 2019 has received a lifetime ban from hunting and trapping in the state.

Shiloh Berry, 41, pleaded guilty last fall to unlawfully possessing and waste of a game animal, and hunting without a valid license. He was sentenced Friday in Broadwater County Court District.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Wardens Justin Hawkaluk and Josh Leonard, and criminal investigator Ben Womelsdorf display the antlers of the poached moose. Photo: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks

According to Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, Berry also received a three-year fishing ban and was ordered to pay $12,100 in restitution. He also received a suspended five-year jail sentence.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/02/trophy-moose-poacher-receives-lifetime-hunting-ban
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Michigan gives lifetime hunting ban to man for poaching

Conservation Officers Tyler Cole (left) and Matt Page with the heads of eight deer poached by Justin Ernst.

>>>Michigan state officials permanently banned a man from hunting after he pled guilty to multiple charges related to a poaching incident from last year. The man was also sentenced to a large fine and a jail sentence of up to five years.

Justin Ernst pled guilty to multiple charges, including one count of felony possession of a firearm, one count of obtaining a hunting license when ineligible, and three counts of illegally taking/possessing whitetail deer. According to a press release from the state's Department of Natural Resources, Michigan has handed Ernst a lifetime ban on hunting.

He will also have to pay $25,000 in reimbursement and will serve 18 months to five years in prison.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/25/michigan-gives-lifetime-hunting-ban-to-man-for-poaching/
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

This is why we can't have nice things

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/poachers-tie-living-fossils-to-dock-get-caught-with-a-7-footer/ar-AAVerEs?ocid=mmx

Poachers face felony charges in Oregon after getting caught in possession of five white sturgeon that they failed to release, as required by law. Instead, four were tied to a dock they moored their boat to and another, a 7-footer, was discovered in their boat.

Earlier this month, fishermen along the banks of Scappoose Bay witnessed people fishing from a boat had caught but not released a white sturgeon and reported them to the Oregon State Police and Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife troopers, according to the ODFW.

After two days of monitoring the area, troopers Scott Bernardi and Justin Morgan approached the men where they were moored at the dock.

The poachers claimed they had not caught any fish, but the troopers noticed two lines extending from the dock into the water. Upon pulling the lines up, they found four live white sturgeon. When inspecting the boat, the troopers discovered the 7-foot white sturgeon, pictured below lying on the dock.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Utah hunting guide faces felony charge for Donald Trump Jr.'s big-game hunt
Court documents say guide Wade Lemon used 'a pile of grain, oil and pastries' to lure a bear that Trump Jr. then killed.

>>>Utah hunting guide Wade Lemon faces five years in state prison for the death of a Carbon County bear killed during a guided hunt on May 18, 2018.

But Lemon, a well-known guide didn't pull the trigger — Donald Trump Jr. did, according to the Utah Department of Natural Resources (DNR).

Trump Jr. is not named in a recent filing against Lemon, but the DNR confirmed his identity as the person named in the felony complaint as Lemon's "client" on the hunt. Prosecutors have indicated there was no evidence showing Trump Jr. would have known about the alleged baiting that went on during the hunt.
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Rhino Poacher Trampled To Death By Elephant And Then Eaten By Lions, Because Karma Is Real

Poachers, WATCH OUT. First there was that pride of lions who killed a bunch of poachers in 2018. And more recently, an elephant and another pride of lions in South Africa have joined in on the anti-poacher duties.

A rhino poacher in Kruger National Park in South Africa was trampled to death by an elephant. Then his remains were eaten by a pride of lions. All that was left of the man at the end? A skull and a pair of pants.

The man was hunting for rhinoceroses illegally with four other poachers; those four are now in police custody.

"Entering Kruger National Park illegally and on foot is not wise, it holds many dangers and this incident is evidence of that," park manager Glenn Phillips said in a statement through South African National Parks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/rhino-poacher-trampled-to-death-by-elephant-and-then-eaten-by-lions-because-karma-is-real/ar-AA1jajhA?ocid=msedgntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=f4bdf16f65e543259ecb5759b7797168&ei=82
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Pacific County angler sentenced to 50 days in jail for salmon snagging violations

OLYMPIA - A Pacific County judge has sentenced a recreational fisherman to 50 days in jail, fined him $1,500, and imposed a five-year fishing license suspension for repeat salmon snagging violations, the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) announced today.   

WDFW Police investigated the latest snagging case in August 2023. David Gretzner, 66, from Long Beach, was sentenced Nov. 16 by Pacific County District Court Judge, Nancy McAllister, after pleading guilty to one count each of Unlawful Recreational Fishing in the first degree and Unlawful Recreational Fishing in the second degree. 

Gretzner has been engaged in illegal fishing activity for several years and was well known by WDFW Police. He was previously charged with other snagging violations in 2020, 2021, and 2022.

"When he was caught snagging in August 2023, he was awaiting trial for his 2022 charges and was still on probation for previous snagging violations," said WDFW Police Sergeant Todd Dielman. "Snagging salmon is a natural resource issue, especially when the fish are targeted during low flows and in warmer water conditions where they are easy prey and more susceptible to stress."

https://wdfw.wa.gov/newsroom/news-release/pacific-county-angler-sentenced-50-days-jail-salmon-snagging-violations
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

$50K award offered for information about deaths of 3 endangered gray wolves in Oregon

A federal agency is offering a $50,000 reward for information about the deaths of three endangered gray wolves from the same southern Oregon pack.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/news/50k-award-offered-for-information-about-deaths-of-3-endangered-gray-wolves/
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Man to plead guilty to helping kill 3,600 eagles, other birds and selling feathers prized by tribes

A Washington state man accused of helping kill more than 3,000 birds — including eagles on a Montana Indian reservation — then illegally selling their feathers intends to plead guilty to illegal wildlife trafficking and other criminal charges, court documents show.

https://wr.al/1RNro

me -There's a season?