Crypto - Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, etc.

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 15, 2022, 16:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyChamps

Quote from: Phil on December 13, 2022, 09:34:01 AMCryptocurrency is imaginary money. Using real money to "buy" it is pure foolishness imo.
Phil, I'm in total agreement with you.  I think it will be another "tulip bulb" bubble sometime in the future.

Onslow

All things imaginary are trendy, and those who acknowledge reality as the law are weak, and so no cool in Western society. This mindset is baked in nearly all wacky trends observed in recent years. This decade is turning out to be kookier than the 70s.

As long as the alphabet people have the steam to carry on (Q Anon and the LGBTQ communities), wackery, scams, lies, will be found a plenty. The amount of cults that exist today is beyond shocking.

Rational isn't fashionable.  Perversion immersion is, and the aforementioned perversion isn't confined to sexual matters.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on December 14, 2022, 06:56:13 AMAll things imaginary are trendy, and those who acknowledge reality as the law are weak, and so no cool in Western society. This mindset is baked in nearly all wacky trends observed in recent years. This decade is turning out to be kookier than the 70s.

As long as the alphabet people have the steam to carry on (Q Anon and the LGBTQ communities), wackery, scams, lies, will be found a plenty. The amount of cults that exist today is beyond shocking.

Rational isn't fashionable.  Perversion immersion is, and the aforementioned perversion isn't confined to sexual matters.

I have no clue when it comes to crypto, bitcoin, etc..  I have enough difficulties with real currency. 

Also, clueless on Q; it may very well be irrational, trendy, and perverted.  Frankly, I have no interest.

When it comes to LGBTQ, from a purely scientific approach, I fail to see the perversion, trendiness, or irrationality.  A common misconception is these behaviors do not happen in the natural animal world.  There are hundreds of examples.  It is a natural occurrence.  Only when we apply principles developed from our human (most often religious) moral compass do we fail to accept what is obviously natural. 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on December 14, 2022, 10:16:04 AMIt is a natural occurrence.

13 Fish That Can Change Gender [Male To Female And Vice Versa]

https://jaljeev.com/fish-that-can-change-gender/

Hermaphroditism is a common condition among fish because of which they can change their gender under certain circumstances. So, which fish can change gender?

Fish that can change gender are:

Clownfish,
Chalk Bass,
Mangrove Rivulus,
Broad-Barred Goby,
Potter's Angelfish,
Ribbon Eel,
Kobudai (Asian Sheepshead Wrasse),
Humphead Wrasse,
Bluehead Wrasse,
Hawkfish,
Black Porgy,
Black Sea Bass, and
Lyretail Anthias.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on December 14, 2022, 10:16:04 AM
Quote from: Onslow on December 14, 2022, 06:56:13 AMAll things imaginary are trendy, and those who acknowledge reality as the law are weak, and so no cool in Western society. This mindset is baked in nearly all wacky trends observed in recent years. This decade is turning out to be kookier than the 70s.

I have no clue when it comes to crypto, bitcoin, etc..  I have enough difficulties with real currency. 

Also, clueless on Q; it may very well be irrational, trendy, and perverted.  Frankly, I have no interest.

When it comes to LGBTQ, from a purely scientific approach, I fail to see the perversion, trendiness, or irrationality.  A common misconception is these behaviors do not happen in the natural animal world.  There are hundreds of examples.  It is a natural occurrence.  Only when we apply principles developed from our human (most often religious) moral compass do we fail to accept what is obviously natural. 

There is a difference between being gay, and buying into the LGBTQ community activist cult, or being transgender. These are very different activities. I have no issue with people being hermaphrodites, Black, American Indian, a real woman, or gay.  I don't have an issue with a women and American Indians being a protected group.  I have a problem with entitlement, and yes, the a la cart gender movement has taken on a life of its own with our youth.  Yes, it is becoming a fad, and most certainly does not fall under the category of a 'born this way".  My post was taking aim at the 'rules don't apply to me' crowd. I have a real big problem with those profiting from the TG movement.

Furthermore, it is important that people have a moral compass so we're not constantly harassed by people who want to euphemistically fuck us all in the ass. You benefit from people having a moral compass, so don't start hating on it.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on December 14, 2022, 18:42:41 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on December 14, 2022, 10:16:04 AM

There is a difference between being gay, and buying into the LGBTQ community activist cult, or being transgender. These are very different activities. I have no issue with people being hermaphrodites, Black, American Indian, a real woman, or gay.  I don't have an issue with a women and American Indians being a protected group.  I have a problem with entitlement, and yes, the a la cart gender movement has taken on a life of its own with our youth.  Yes, it is becoming a fad, and most certainly does not fall under the category of a 'born this way".  My post was taking aim at the 'rules don't apply to me' crowd. I have a real big problem with those profiting from the TG movement.

Furthermore, it is important that people have a moral compass so we're not constantly harassed by people who want to euphemistically fuck us all in the ass. You benefit from people having a moral compass, so don't start hating on it.

I am always entertained and amused when a white dude grumbles about the entitlement of others.

Ken, fuck your moral compass!  I ain't buying any. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

Perhaps the trumpsky crowd will jump on these and revitalize the NFT market. Better move quick, they're going like hotcakes.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90825656/trumps-nft-collection-losing-value-opensea
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: trout-r-us on December 16, 2022, 09:32:46 AMPerhaps the trumpsky crowd will jump on these and revitalize the NFT market. Better move quick, they're going like hotcakes.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90825656/trumps-nft-collection-losing-value-opensea

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 24, 2022, 04:14:41 AM

Idiot seems rather harsh, but I do understand what he means concerning the lack of regulation surrounding the exchanges. When I was "holding" crypto, I never had a good feeling about who was actually holding what. I used Coinbase Exchange which is highly regarded in those circles, but there were just too many uncertainties for me to feel comfortable, which is why I got out.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

FlyChamps

Quote from: trout-r-us on December 24, 2022, 15:12:02 PMIdiot seems rather harsh

I don't think much of Jim Cramer but, in this instance, I think he is correct and idiot is the correct word - harsh but true.  Crypto is an imaginary "asset" with a value based solely on the belief that someone will pay more to buy it from you than you paid to acquire it.  That rarely works out well in the long run.

Also, while blockchain is theoretically a great concept it has so far not been workable in the real world for any significant purpose.  I know that Walmart has tried using blockchain for inventory control from manufacturer to store and has backed away because of implementation problems.  Blockchain also has the problem of using huge amounts of computer storage.  To date blockchain has not been better than current databases in real world applications - maybe in the future but not yet.

trout-r-us

Quote from: FlyChamps on December 25, 2022, 11:04:00 AM
Quote from: trout-r-us on December 24, 2022, 15:12:02 PMIdiot seems rather harsh

Crypto is an imaginary "asset" with a value based solely on the belief that someone will pay more to buy it from you than you paid to acquire it. 

So, pretty much like the greenback and various investment options available in the stock markets.
― Heraclitus

FlyChamps

Quote from: trout-r-us on December 25, 2022, 13:22:15 PM

Crypto is an imaginary "asset" with a value based solely on the belief that someone will pay more to buy it from you than you paid to acquire it. 

So, pretty much like the greenback and various investment options available in the stock markets.

Not true.  I have a reasonably good idea regarding the products or services produced by the companies that I invest in and they are products and services that are tangible and people actually use.  And these are products and services that even you use.  Little things like the food you eat, the energy you use whether liquid, solid or electrical, the medicines you or family members need, the vehicles you drive, the clothes you wear, your fishing gear, etc. ad nauseum.  These companies will continue to be profitable and produce income for me over the long run.

What product or service does crypto provide, other than tax evasion and money laundering?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: FlyChamps on December 25, 2022, 14:43:24 PM
Quote from: trout-r-us on December 25, 2022, 13:22:15 PM

Not true.  I have a reasonably good idea regarding the products or services produced by the companies that I invest in and they are products and services that are tangible and people actually use.  And these are products and services that even you use.  Little things like the food you eat, the energy you use whether liquid, solid or electrical, the medicines you or family members need, the vehicles you drive, the clothes you wear, your fishing gear, etc. ad nauseum.  These companies will continue to be profitable and produce income for me over the long run.

What product or service does crypto provide, other than tax evasion and money laundering?

Two words; worldcom / Enron
me -There's a season?