Previous topic - Next topic

Fishbug

Was spooling a new reel and recall seeing videos of "casting all flyline"

This seems hard.  :;!

Can any of you  n!n 's do this?!

Ever seen it done?

Dougfish

Not me. I can get out 60-70 feet.
My casting is like an impressionist painting.
Beautiful to me, maybe not to you.
I move my feet to get closer.
Or boat.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Fishbug

Obviously casting all the line is a fly fishing flex...

real life need to be accurate at 60ft

Still want to be able to do it.

Woolly Bugger

I was casting 80 feet with the 10 wt at the carp pond...  :drum

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fishbug

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 23, 2022, 22:46:14 PMI was casting 80 feet with the 10 wt at the carp pond...  :drum

:o how many back casts?!

didn't smack a pedestrian?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Fishbug on January 23, 2022, 23:04:16 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 23, 2022, 22:46:14 PMI was casting 80 feet with the 10 wt at the carp pond...  :drum

:o how many back casts?!

didn't smack a pedestrian?

Just an empty lawn
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

streamereater_101691

10,11,12wt..yes. Without shooting line on the back cast, it's nearly impossible for me.

Dee-Vo

Meant to ask you about that a while back. Are you still fishing there? Given it up? Posted against trespassers now?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dee-Vo on January 24, 2022, 08:21:48 AM

Meant to ask you about that a while back. Are you still fishing there? Given it up? Posted against trespassers now?

Landscaping changes at the pond changed their habits and it became very frustrating to find them feeding and not get spooked

F@ck Carp
me -There's a season?

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 24, 2022, 11:51:54 AM
Quote from: Dee-Vo on January 24, 2022, 08:21:48 AM

Landscaping changes at the pond changed their habits and it became very frustrating to find them feeding and not get spooked

F@ck Carp

Any other carp prospect ponds in the area?

Fishbug

"Fuck Carp"

"Want to go Carp fishing?!"

"Hell yeh"

Phil

I cannot cast into the backing. Nope. Not even close. That's partly why I like brook trout.  :laugh: 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The only way I have found where I can cast an entire fly line is to cut a DT in half and mount on 2 reels or spools.  Then I can prove to myself that I can cast "all line" and amaze my friends.   

It is all between the ears, analogous to assuring the Mrs that 4 or 5" is 8 or 10".  Bamboozle, then conquer and strut. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

greg

Quote from: Phil on January 25, 2022, 10:09:40 AMI cannot cast into the backing. Nope. Not even close. That's partly why I like brook trout.  :laugh: 
yep

Yallerhammer

I have seen backing about three times in my life. That was usually when I was spooling it onto a new reel.  :laugh:
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff