News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Snowmageddon 2022

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 17, 2022, 15:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Parked in the driveway — neighbor called — slippery out there!

You cannot view this attachment.

Good thing there was no traffic
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

LOL.
6-7", then sleet/rain. Heavy shit.
Shoveled out. Tacoma'ed out.
Neighborhood streets suk. Thoroughfares ok.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

greg

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Yallerhammer

About a foot on average up here. It sucks.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Phil

About a foot here as well, very cold, and 65 mph winds all day yesterday and last night.
<edit> Actually, 75 mph winds were clocked in downtown Blowing Rock. I mashed the wrong button. All the shoveling out I did on Sunday afternoon got covered back over with drifts Monday. Aaack.

rbphoto

Got to get the new whip out taking the wife to work yesterday morning.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

OperationParkingLotSnowPlow at work today:

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Stone-Man

Got lucky -- only 6-7 inches without any rain/ice. It melted enough for me to get out this afternoon.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

hcrum87hc

We had about 8-9" at our house in the upstate with a bit of sleet, but no freezing rain.  The wife got called into the hospital for a shift Sunday night, but thankfully had thought ahead and stayed with a coworker/friend Saturday night before the storm, so the two of them drove the couple minutes to work and back Sunday and Monday.  The wife made the 30 minute drive home Monday afternoon.  Roads were perfectly fine this morning minus a few shady spots.
Jeremiah 17:7

rbphoto

Quote from: hcrum87hc on January 19, 2022, 08:42:35 AMWe had about 8-9" at our house in the upstate with a bit of sleet, but no freezing rain.  The wife got called into the hospital for a shift Sunday night, but thankfully had thought ahead and stayed with a coworker/friend Saturday night before the storm, so the two of them drove the couple minutes to work and back Sunday and Monday.  The wife made the 30 minute drive home Monday afternoon.  Roads were perfectly fine this morning minus a few shady spots.

Looks like we may have to go through this again in a day or two.  I have to get my favorite healthcare worker to the hospital Saturday morning.

Everyone is now driving like it's summer vacation until they hit a shady spot with lots of slippery stuff.

More crashes this morning than I saw Sunday - Tuesday afternoon.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 17, 2022, 15:34:55 PMParked in the driveway — neighbor called — slippery out there!

Good thing there was no traffic

This happened to a guy at work earlier in the week. Parked it. And it slide back down.

Dee-Vo

Lots of trees down. Serious winds, big time.

Onslow

It was unexpectedly snowy between Stuart VA and NC border on Rt. 103 last night. 2 inches of snow on the road while at 34 degrees w/ tremendous amounts falling. I believe all areas around SML and south to the border received considerably more than expected.

Yallerhammer

We got about 4" more here last night. Temps in the low teens and 45mph wind gusts. Not a good day to go swimming.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff