News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Heads up!

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 11, 2022, 10:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Guerrilla war exercise to be fought across rural North Carolina counties, Army warns

>>> Pineland covers counties primarily in southeastern North Carolina, as well as Chesterfield, Dillon and Marlboro counties in South Carolina. The full list in North Carolina: "Alamance, Anson, Bladen, Brunswick, Cabarrus, Chatham, Columbus, Cumberland, Davidson, Guilford, Harnett, Hoke, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, New Hanover, Randolph, Richmond, Robeson, Rowan, Sampson, Scotland, Stanly, Union, and Wake."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/guerrilla-war-exercise-to-be-fought-across-rural-north-carolina-counties-army-warns/ar-AASDjEy
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rbphoto

I've been told the area is frequently used for SF guys going through training. 

Not certain how often, but this sounds like a much larger area.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

trout-r-us

What could possibly go wrong? 😳
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

I've been told Sere training has taken place on numerous occasions in the Uwharries.

Dee-Vo

So, in other words, it'll sound like it usually does around my place?

Yallerhammer

They'd better make them all watch "Southern Comfort" before they send any up this way to train.  :laugh:
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Al

This is a "nothing burger" being hyped by the media because in fits their narrative.  This has been going on for 55 years or more. The folks up in "Pineland" all participate - some are old retired SF types and act as guerilla chiefs and insurgents.   Every SF class does this near the end of their one year of training. I did it myself. Even made my first tree landing when we missed the drop zone and most of my detachment landed in trees - It was a night jump and I didn't even know we were over trees until I crashed into one. Damn near killed myself getting down.

trout-r-us

Funny world. Lots of different viewpoints.
I recall being scolded for entering an unauthorized area to watch SEAL training at Coronado Island.
Then there are these folks who don't want to share "their" park with the same people that are training to allow them the freedom to use their park. 🤔

https://www.yahoo.com/news/navy-seals-stop-using-washington-014909586.html
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus