Doublethink and Newspeak In Action

Started by trout-r-us, January 21, 2022, 09:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 29, 2022, 11:29:48 AMHere's my answer, which has no significance or certainty, other than in my fucked-up mind. Please note: coprolalia is a human trait. 

We humans are likely the most tribal, selfish, congenerous critter on earth, a critter who for thousands of years has remained vulnerable and credulous to superstitions, myths, and a surplus of flummery and mummery.  Humans are the poorest, least efficient data collecting organisms on the planet.  Thus, the fragility of the human race.       

Coprolalia, congenerous, flummery, mummery ??  😳
I'm sure glad they have the "lookup" function on this here computer machine.  But then I realized I should have known mummery, since I'd been to the New Year's Day Mummers parade in Philadelphia many times over the years.  <-;:
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Onslow

https://asiatimes.com/2022/02/is-the-ukraine-crisis-just-another-us-charade/

QuoteVladimir Putin, the Russian president, has denied he has any intention of invading Ukraine. His demand is that the process of adding new members to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization cease and that in particular, Russia has an assurance that Ukraine and Georgia will never be members.

US President Joe Biden has refused to give such an assurance, but made clear his willingness to continue discussing questions of strategic stability in Europe. Meanwhile, the Ukrainian government has made clear it has no intention of implementing the agreement reached in 2015 for reuniting the Donbas provinces into Ukraine with a large degree of local autonomy – an agreement with Russia, France and Germany that the United States endorsed.

Maybe I am wrong – tragically wrong – but I cannot dismiss the suspicion that we are witnessing an elaborate charade, grossly magnified by prominent elements of the American media, to serve a domestic political end.

Facing rising inflation, the ravages of Covid-19, blame (for the most part unfair) for the withdrawal from Afghanistan, plus the failure to get the full support of his own party for the Build Back Better legislation, Biden's administration is staggering under sagging approval ratings just as it gears up for this year's congressional elections.

Since clear "victories" on the domestic woes seem increasingly unlikely, why not fabricate one by posing as if he prevented the invasion of Ukraine by "standing up to Vladimir Putin"?