Precipitation Research (Jerking off)

Started by Dougfish, January 02, 2021, 13:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

Quote from: Dougfish on January 04, 2021, 19:46:05 PMTroutrus:
I live at the top of a hill and have impeccable drainage on a property that drops 50'back to front. I assure you I am way more anal about moving water than your neighbor. Swales, downspout drains, foundation/basement drains, retaining wall drains, rain garden, etc.
But I don't divert it to my neighbors.
Asshole he is.

Sorry if I hinted of hard feelings toward the neighbor. Not the case. His actions have actually brought me closer to my dream of living on the water.

Phil

Like I said, it rained a lot this past year around here, and the water's real cold and high 'cause it's January. 85.5 inches in Boone, we got more than that here in Blowing Rock.

https://wataugaonline.com/2020-becomes-second-all-time-wettest-year-locally/?fbclid=IwAR0y4pQ_ernen2Y19cBWmYlJ6ZPVeUUjqIrj7cBJEbA5A5XwsT1uBYejJZg

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Beetle

I think a lot of 2018 can be explained by those two hurricanes sitting on NC and SC for days.   

BBBBBBut but but but hurricanes are symptomatic of the bigger issue right????

Where are we going with all this?    What was the original hypothesis?     

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Beetle on January 05, 2021, 09:35:13 AMWhat was the original hypothesis?   

I believe the original hypothesis was:

<If an individual male is standing naked in the rain and jerking off, they will get wet, but if that same unclothed individual is completely immersed in H2O while jerking off , they are not wet; only when that individual emerges from being totally underwater are they wet.>
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

Ithinktoomuchisbetterthannotenough

Dougfish

Quote from: troutrus on January 05, 2021, 19:19:15 PMIthinktoomuchisbetterthannotenough
After going through drought years, this has been my mantra. Drought is bad for business.
I have over a thousand different kinds of plants in my garden. Only one is a cacti. And one native agave.
I prefer it that way.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

I generally agree with the remarks below, but this year has been over the top. The love needs to be spread out a bit.

I'm starting to think long term climate for NW NC has changed permanently for the wetter. Soon Devils Garden above Stone Mt. may be as wet as Shining Rock.

jwgnc

This is a great thread for those of us who may be a bit anal contentive.

I liked it so much I bought a wireless rain gauge.  It doesn't like our high efficiency windows.  Not surprising - my cell phone has trouble getting a wireless signal when we're on the deck.

It's an "intergreted wirelsess" (sic) rain sensor with outdoor temperature and humidity-Self emptying rain collector.  It even has a Blue LED backlight mode for those who liked Wooly's new theme.

I hope their engineers are better than their product information translators.  Not sure of the quality yet, as I just put it out.

And no, "anal contentive" isn't a spellcheck gotcha.  I'm a bit anal and content to be that way.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

jwgnc

Had trouble with the picture.

You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Onslow

I oft wonder about the accuracy of the rain gages, and wonder if you would test it against a regular rain gage when the freeze season is over.

I've given up on self performing temp gathering. Since I live in town there is simply too many buildings &  hard surfaces causing distortions. Elkin generally runs a few degrees warmer then the surroundings due to the micro UHI effect.

Woolly Bugger

I'll just put this here

I think this will kill my fishing on the smith for a while 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

We aren't getting anywhere near 3-5".  :laugh:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 23, 2022, 14:55:23 PMI'll just put this here

I think this will kill my fishing on the smith for a while 

Gettin' to be Woolwine time.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus