News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

MLK 2022

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 17, 2022, 17:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

In Bimini, an island in the Bahamas, Martin Luther King found a friend in Ansil Saunders. Four days before the assassination of MLK, they sat in Ansil's boat, sharing psalms while Dr King worked on his final speech - "I've Been to the Mountaintop." In the newest @coldcollaborative film, "Mighty Waters," Ansil visits the spot he had taken MLK as well as visits the global change he's seen and hopes to see in the world.

https://www.amff.org/mightywaters/

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 17, 2022, 17:58:51 PMwatched this

Thanks for the reference. Good stuff. I almost felt the needs to draw the drapes lest some of the red neck neighbors report me for promoting Critical Race Theory. 😁
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Yallerhammer

I think MLK would be absolutely disgusted with today's highly charged identity politics, which is about opposite of his dream of people seeing each other as simply other people, not people of a certain race first.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

also watched Boycott

Note: I have no idea why this is or should be age restricted.

As a yankee, I didn't experience segregation like it was in the south, and all I knew of it came from mainstream media coverage
me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 18, 2022, 10:45:18 AMalso watched Boycott

Note: I have no idea why this is or should be age restricted.

As a yankee, I didn't experience segregation like it was in the south, and all I knew of it came from mainstream media coverage

Likely age restricted because some folks prefer to restrict their childrens' education.

I grew up and was educated in Philadelphia so was more a Phillies fan than a Yankee. Attended parochial school through 12th grade. Our high school graduation class was about 700 young men and that included 3 black students. The school wasn't segregated, but the neighborhood was. The south surely doesn't  own racism.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

Last one for this year...

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

well one thing led to another, and I ended up watching one more MLK video

MLK: The Assassination Tapes (Full Episode)
me -There's a season?

Dee-Vo

I feel that if folks would live by their own perspective formed from what they see with their own eyes instead of tv news and social media, travel a little, and not be swayed so easily from the negativity smeared in their faces daily, that they'd realize the world isn't nearly as bad as it's portrayed to be, and the people in it aren't nearly as unhappy or nearly as aggressive toward one another as portrayed either.

We need to stop drinking the juice.

Woolly Bugger

follow up

Confronting history, to heal a nation
Attorney Bryan Stevenson, author of the bestseller "Just Mercy," has helped to save 145 wrongly-convicted prisoners from execution, but these days the man behind Montgomery, Alabama's National Memorial for Peace and Justice might be better known his other job: educating Americans about the legacy of slavery and racial violence in this country. Stevenson talks with correspondent David Pogue about confronting history as a first step in healing, and gives a tour of the brand new Legacy Museum in Montgomery.

me -There's a season?