Local Bass Pond (again)

Started by Al, April 10, 2021, 19:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

nice, Al, good to see you out fishin and catchin'

holler when you get up to Bassett!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Al's Guide Service is back in operation. Only stipulation is no cash, credit cards or checks accepted - instead I am going to the barter system. You provide a needed service and I will provide the guiding.

This young fellow, the son of my dear friend and dentist, mowed my cabin lawn so I in return took him to my honey-hole bass pond.
You cannot view this attachment.

We didn't exactly slay them but we did OK. I only caught two using a plastic worm. He did better using a small lipped plug - I may toss one next time.

Biggest fish of the day and biggest fresh water fish the young lad has ever caught. My guess is it was well over 6 pounds.

As we left the pond he said he was going back to my cabin to throw some fertilizer on the lawn so it would grow faster - that way he could mow it and book another trip with Al's Guide Service before heading back to college.

Al

Two days ago I got back out to my local "honey hole" bass pond for the first time in 2022. I had hoped the warm weather would have them spawning already but don't think it is happening yet.

Took my Mexican buddy again. He has free time and likes to fish so it works out - He's not much of a photographer so not many photos.

Caught about a dozen like this

We have a standing bet - big fish wins lunch or dinner at a local restaurant. Texas Roadhouse here we come  :o

But you're never sure if your fish will stand up because next cast could turn the tables. This pond has larger. I felt pretty smug but still sweated it - Turns out that steak tasted good  :P

IMHO the small males are up on the flats in shallow water but the lunker females have not followed them yet.  Still it was good to get out. We are going to try it again soon.