News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Real vs Fake

Started by trout-r-us, November 29, 2021, 18:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Even though my wife would normally get to make the call for things in the house, for years I remained insistent on having a real Christmas Tree even though she had been pushing for artificial for a long time.
Low and behold, about 10 years ago I finally gave in and went with a fake tree. Now that I've adapted I must say that it's nice to be able to put it up early and not have to worry about it becoming a fire hazard by the Epiphany.
I've always enjoyed dragging out the ornaments that bring back memories of holiday seasons gone by.
Amazing how many fishing related ornaments are on our tree. Guess that was a major theme around here at one time.
You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Big J

From the title, I thought this was going to be about another topic.  I was disappointed. 

rbphoto

Quote from: Big J on November 30, 2021, 09:09:56 AMFrom the title, I thought this was going to be about another topic.  I was disappointed. 

You are starting to sound more like Doug . . .
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Dougfish

Quote from: rbphoto on November 30, 2021, 12:12:27 PM
Quote from: Big J on November 30, 2021, 09:09:56 AMFrom the title, I thought this was going to be about another topic.  I was disappointed. 

You are starting to sound more like Doug . . .

I'm all about the real.  :laugh:
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

22midge

might be surprised at the fake ones you're staring at  :o
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Dee-Vo

Oftentimes I've talked with the wife about starting a traditional tree locating, cutting thing, but she's not a fan. "It's cold out. What if it catches fire? What about all of that mess that gets in the floor?" Blah, blah, blah....

We have a fake one. Always have. Probably always will.

I personally enjoy the real thing.