News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Board update

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 18, 2023, 21:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Simple Machines is pleased to announce a new patch for the 2.1.x line of SMF, which pushes the version number to 2.1.4.

Notable changes in SMF 2.1.4

Attachments Upload UI enhancements - The UI used for uploading attachments is now easier to use, and a tad more aesthetic also.
Cron enhancements - When running cron as a crontab in unix, it will now check for scheduled tasks and possibly flush the mail queue, in addition to acting on background tasks.
jQuery upgrade - jQuery upgraded to 3.6.3.
Notifications bug - Fixed a bug where certain notifications were not getting delivered if a user subscribed to both a board and a topic within the board.
Editor bug - Fixed a bug where the cursor position may behave erratically when mentions exist in WYSIWYG mode.
Search bug - Fixed a bug caused by some non-backwards compatible behavior in PHP 8.0+ that might result in incomplete results.
Subscriptions bug - Fixed a bug where subscriptions with multi-byte utf8 characters in the description might cause errors.
Subscriptions bug - Fixed an undefined constant CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE bug.
Package Manager bug - Fixed a bug where invalid default value errors were generated.
Custom Fields Search bug - Fixed a bug which prevented custom field searches from working on the member list under some circumstances.
Autolinker bug - Fixed a bug where the autolinker might get a match on partial names.
Upgrader bug - Fixed a bug where certain notification settings were not brought forward properly from 2.0.
Hooks bugs - Fixed bugs where hooks might not be removed properly when mods were deleted, and also where duplicate hooks might be created upon mod reinstall.  Also, enabling & disabling of hooks in the admin console works cleanly now.
Fixed a bug where admin-only boards might be visible on the board index.
Fixed a bug where users might get kicked out with erroneous verification question errors.
Fixed a bug where membergroup adds may not get logged properly.
Fixed a bug where you may get cache errors in the logs.
Fixed a bug where long user agents might cause various errors in the SMF error log.
Fixed a bug where MariaDB users might see a "Subject isn't in GROUP BY" error when removing a topic.
Fixed a bug where the SSI Recent Topics call did not show the original topic title.
Numerous minor bug fixes, e.g., to address undefined vars.
Numerous tweaks to enhance the UI.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!