News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hello Again

Started by trout-r-us, November 14, 2021, 16:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trout-r-us

Noticing down in the "forum stats" that I am the latest member, I thought it proper that I introduce myself.
Formerly known as troutrus before deleting my account, I added a couple hyphens in order to rejoin.
Having hit a couple rough patches as life has a way of doing to us all from time to time, I went through the process of cleansing myself of many forums and social media sites that I once thought I enjoyed.
After a brief but much needed respite, I've reassessed the things that give me joy, and those that cause me grief.
Though I've left the likes of Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat in the rear view mirror, there were a couple forums that I truly missed visiting, so here I am.
My name is Bob. Currently live in Eden, NC. Though I enjoy fly fishing streams for trout, I'm more of a mongrel when it comes to fishing in general having spent many days in salt and freshwater chasing a multitude of species with flies, conventional equipment using artificials and natural bait. Whatever works to put a bend in a rod.
Age and the loss of a number of fishing partners has definitely slowed me down, but I still do a lot of thinking about going, so who knows, one of these days I might actually get out of this chair and go.
Thanks for having me back.
P.S. What do I need to do to get rid of the pink weenie?
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

Posting will elevate your status and welcome back

I've permanently deleted Facebook and am considering Instagram as well!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I was wondering where you were. I'm glad you are OK and have returned. I've deleted Instagram, Twitter, and a couple of others. FB is still providing too much entertainment to delete just yet.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Welcome back. I never started FB, IG, and all that mess. Don't figure I'm missing much.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

greg