Alec Baldwin discharges firearm on set

Started by Trout Maharishi, October 21, 2021, 22:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Weapons armorer Bryan W. Carpenter told Fox News Digital that pulling the hammer back and releasing it, causing the gun to fire, is still considered a "negligent discharge."

"You have to cock the hammer, you have to pull the trigger, or you have to cock the hammer and let it fly forward, one of the two things, which requires an operator to do it," Carpenter explained. "And if an operator is doing it, then they're in control of the weapon. And if they're cocking the hammer, they're in the two-part process of firing it. And if they slip and let the hammer fall down, that's still a negligent discharge."

https://news.yahoo.com/alec-baldwin-apos-fatal-apos-145252113.html

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Again, if Jesus Christ handed me a revolver, I would flip the cylinder and see what was in there before I pointed it at anybody.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on December 07, 2021, 18:15:26 PMAgain, if Jesus Christ handed me a revolver, I would flip the cylinder and see what was in there before I pointed it at anybody.

If I believed Jesus Christ handed me a firearm, I would hope my family would execute an intervention. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

I never realized Jesus was a gun slinger, but if he handed me a gun I would figure it would be loaded, 'cause what purpose would it serve other than to shoot something?
Guessing that's why folks say ya shouldn't point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Yallerhammer

QuoteI never realized Jesus was a gun slinger, but if he handed me a gun I would figure it would be loaded, 'cause what purpose would it serve other than to shoot something?
Guessing that's why folks say ya shouldn't point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them.
An unloaded gun is a useless club. I own no unloaded guns.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

Halyna Hutchins was 18 inches away from gun Alec Baldwin was holding, crew member says

>>>A crew member detailed the moment Halyna Hutchins was hit with a live round from a gun actor Alec Baldwin was holding during a new interview.

Special effects coordinator Thomas Gandy was about four to five yards away from Baldwin and Hutchins before the gun went off on the set of "Rust" on Oct. 21.

"Halyna was telling Alec she wanted to see his thumb working the hammer back to do the shot," Gandy recalled during ABC's 20/20 episode "The Deadly Take."

Hutchins was probably 18 inches or two feet away from the muzzle of the gun when it was fired[, according to Gandy.

https://news.yahoo.com/halyna-hutchins-18-inches-away-035158681.html
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

I'm a bit surprised (not really) that ABC 20/20 has made a show about "The Deadly Take"

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I didn't think that video would last long.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 14, 2021, 02:16:54 AMI didn't think that video would last long.

I was surprised to see it on youtube, I watched about half, the most interesting part was the description of the proximity of Halyna to the gun. This really points out that it was a close up shot of the gun being drawn and cocked and aimed at the camera.

If I were on the set and somebody was going to point a gun at me, you can be damn sure that I would inspect it myself. 
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Getting the stage bullets mixed up with the live rounds is beyond explination. I think 2 or 3 people are in trouble.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

and another lawsuit

Attorneys for family of Halyna Hutchins provide update on 'Rust' shooting investigation

attorneys played an animation that they said re-created the events that led to the shooting of Hutchins, 42, last year on the New Mexico movie set.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

POSTED to distract y'all from the Ukranian / Russian War

'Shameful': Alec Baldwin blames Halyna Hutchins' husband for 'Rust' not being finished after her death
'The only action that ended the film's production was Baldwin's killing of Halyna Hutchins,' the attorney for Matthew Hutchins said in a response to Baldwin's claims in a new legal filing

https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/03/12/shameful-alec-baldwin-blames-halyna-hutchins-husband-for-rust-not-being-finished-after-her-death/

>>>In a new court filing, Alec Baldwin reveals a macabre-sounding effort to resume production on the Western film "Rust" after he was involved in the Oct. 21 fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins — but he blames Hutchins' husband for ending the possibility of the film being finished.

Baldwin also accused Matthew Hutchins, Hayna's grieving husband, of blindsiding him by filing a wrongful-death lawsuit against him on Feb. 14 and by going on the "Today" show to say that the actor was partially responsible for his wife's death and to accuse him of trying to play victim and garner sympathy.
me -There's a season?