News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Alec Baldwin discharges firearm on set

Started by Trout Maharishi, October 21, 2021, 22:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

He's a narcissist of the worst kind. I think his money may be getting a little funny to. No one is going to hire him, maybe SNL will give him a call. Everyone loves his Trump imitations p;-
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

it's gonna get nasty....

'Rust' armorer claims Alec Baldwin ignored gun safety rules before deadly shooting

>>>The armorer on the set of Alec Baldwin's flick "Rust" has accused him of violating gun-safety rules and claimed she was not asked to inspect the revolver he used in the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Hannah Gutierrez Reed responded to a legal filing in which Baldwin said Hutchins told him to cock the antique revolver, CNN reported.

"Mr. Baldwin knew that he could never point a firearm at crew members under any circumstances and had a duty of safety to his fellow crew members," Gutierrez Reed said in a statement Saturday, according to the network.

"Yet he did point the gun at Halyna before the fatal incident against all rules and common sense," she added.

Gutierrez Reed said Baldwin and others on the Western set "had a duty and responsibility to call Hannah in for inspection of the gun and safety instruction before any gun scene was conducted."

"Hannah was not called into the Church before the impromptu gun scene rehearsal and she should have been," according to the statement cited by CNN.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/14/rust-armorer-claims-alec-baldwin-ignored-gun-safety-rules/

>>>But Gutierrez Reed, in her statement Saturday, said she encountered "constant resistance" from Baldwin and production staff during her time on the set.
"Hannah emphasized the importance of training Mr. Baldwin in the cross draw, which is dangerous," the statement said. "He never accepted the offer and Hannah was not able to conduct that training as well as other training she wanted to do, because of budgeting and being overruled by production."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/12/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-lawsuit-hannah-gutierrez-reed/index.html

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

The producers of a film whose cinematographer was accidentally shot dead on set by Alec Baldwin have been fined and strongly criticised by authorities for failing to follow safety guidelines.

The makers of Rust showed "plain indifference to recognised hazards associated with use of firearms on set", according to the New Mexico Environment Department.

The agency has issued the maximum $136,793 (£105,000) fine to Rust Movie Productions.

https://news.yahoo.com/production-firm-fined-over-baldwin-165345895.html
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Alec Baldwin Says State Report 'Exonerates' Him In Shooting Death Of Halyna Hutchins

>>>Alec Baldwin believes a new report from New Mexico's Occupational Health and Safety Bureau (OSHB) "exonerates" him in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

"We are grateful to the New Mexico Occupational Health and Safety Bureau for investigating this matter," Baldwin's attorney said in a statement shared by the actor on Instagram. "We appreciate that the report exonerates Mr. Baldwin by making clear that he believed the gun held only dummy rounds."

>>>This week, OHSB announced a fine against the film's production company of $136,793 after an investigation by the agency concluded that management "knew that firearm safety procedures were not being followed on set and demonstrated plain indifference to employee safety by failing to review work practices and take correction action, according to a statement from the department.

https://news.yahoo.com/alec-baldwin-says-state-report-130326250.html
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

He may slide on criminal charges, but it's going to be interesting what happens in civil court. The burden of proof is different in civil court. He may just pay up to avoid it.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

>>>Never-seen-before footage has been released of the moments before and after Rust cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed on set.

Police in New Mexico have made public all the files associated with the ongoing criminal investigation into her death, including camera footage from detectives, incident reports, crime scene photos and witness interviews collected during the investigation.

https://news.sky.com/story/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-new-video-released-of-halyna-hutchins-death-12599120

finger on the trigger...

https://www.tmz.com/watch/2022-04-25-042522-hannah-gutierrez-rust-armorer-1406254/

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on January 19, 2023, 11:58:29 AMhttps://abcnews.go.com/amp/Entertainment/da-reveal-charges-fatal-shooting-set-alec-baldwins/story?id=92278109

Well that only took forever

Alec Baldwin Will Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter in 'Rust' Killing
The film's armorer will face the same charge. A cinematographer was killed when a gun Baldwin was rehearsing with went off. There was not supposed to be live ammunition on the set.

Prosecutors said they would charge Mr. Baldwin with two counts of involuntary manslaughter, saying that he had a duty to ensure the gun and the ammunition were properly checked and that he should never have pointed it at anyone. "You should not point a gun at someone that you're not willing to shoot," the district attorney for Santa Fe County, Mary Carmack-Altwies, said in an interview. "That goes to basic safety standards."

Full NY Times article
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I would probably take any plea bargain they offered me to avoid a trial.
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on January 20, 2023, 01:22:31 AMI would probably take any plea bargain they offered me to avoid a trial.

But if he takes a deal then the civil suit is a slam dunk!
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I thought he had already paid out several millions to settle the civil side? Shame would be a large part of wanting to avoid a trial.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/05/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-settlement/index.html
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on January 20, 2023, 15:14:22 PMI thought he had already paid out several millions to settle the civil side? Shame would be a large part of wanting to avoid a trial.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/05/entertainment/alec-baldwin-rust-settlement/index.html
I either missed that or forgot  <-;:
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Alec Baldwin Didn't Have to Talk to the Police. Neither Do You.

Shortly after a prop gun Alec Baldwin was holding fired a bullet that killed a cinematographer and wounded a director on the set of the movie "Rust," in October 2021, he told the police in New Mexico that he'd be willing to do whatever they requested, including sitting for an interview at the station.

In an interrogation room later that afternoon, detectives began by informing Baldwin of his rights: He had the right to remain silent. Anything he said could be used against him in court. He was free to consult with an attorney; if he could not afford an attorney, one would be appointed for him. And he could stop the interrogation at any point he wished.

"My only question is, am I being charged with something?" Baldwin asked.

full article
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Prosecutors have downgraded the involuntary manslaughter charges against Alec Baldwin, significantly reducing the possible prison time for the actor, who was holding the gun that discharged on the "Rust" movie set, killing the film's cinematographer.

Mr. Baldwin's lawyers argued this month that the Santa Fe County district attorney had incorrectly charged the actor under a version of a New Mexico firearm law that was passed months after the fatal shooting in October 2021.

If convicted under that law, called a firearm enhancement, Mr. Baldwin would have received a minimum prison sentence of five years. Instead, he now faces a maximum of 18 months in prison.

In a statement, Heather Brewer, a spokeswoman for the district attorney, said the prosecution had dropped the firearm enhancement to "avoid further litigious distractions by Mr. Baldwin and his attorneys."

Rest the rest of the NYT article

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Two legal systems, one for rich people and one for regular people. If any of us had done this we would already be serving time in some hell hole.
― Charles Bukowski