Alec Baldwin discharges firearm on set

Started by Trout Maharishi, October 21, 2021, 22:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

At the very least this is going to cost him a big stack of money. :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

In an interview on Marc Maron's "WTF" podcast, the Oscar winner called Hutchins' death "infuriating," given strict gun safety protocols put in place on film and TV sets following the deaths of his friends, actors Jon-Erik Hexum and Brandon Lee in 1984 and 1993, respectively.

"Every single time I'm handed a gun on the set — every time — they hand me a gun, I look at it, I open it, I show it to the person I'm pointing it too, I show it to the crew," Clooney said. "Every single take."

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/11/16/alec-baldwin-under-new-pressure-george-clooney-says-he-should-have-checked-gun-conservatives-call-for-arrest/

podcast http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1279-george-clooney

excerpt from podcast...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Rust script supervisor sues Alec Baldwin and producers over shooting

Mamie Mitchell has said she relives the sound of the gun going off on the set of Rust 'over and over again'. Mitchell, who was the first to call 911 after the shooting, has filed a lawsuit against Alec Baldwin and the film's producers, alleging that the script never required the actor to fire the shot that killed the cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured the director Joel Souza

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2021/nov/18/rust-script-supervisor-recalls-moment-of-alec-baldwin-film-shooting-video?ref=todayheadlines.live

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

QuoteIn Baldwin's first major interview — set to air in full Thursday night — he insisted that "the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger."

Believe him or not?

was the gun a single action?

was the hammer pulled back as some have reported?

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/alec-baldwin-speaks-out-on-rust-shooting-127674949755

At that point, Baldwin said, he began to cock the gun but did not pull the trigger.
"I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off," Baldwin said, adding: "I didn't pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never."
me -There's a season?

itieuglyflies

I expect it won't be long before they will be blaming Trump!

Big J

He's a moron.  Lawyers telling him what to say.  A single action gun isn't going to go off without the trigger pulled.  My money is on he had his finger on the trigger while he was cocking the gun and he let go of the hammer. 

Phil

Quote from: Big J on December 03, 2021, 08:38:21 AMMy money is on he had his finger on the trigger while he was cocking the gun and he let go of the hammer. 
My thoughts exactly.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 02, 2021, 11:44:33 AM
QuoteIn Baldwin's first major interview — set to air in full Thursday night — he insisted that "the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger."

Believe him or not?

was the gun a single action?

was the hammer pulled back as some have reported?

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/alec-baldwin-speaks-out-on-rust-shooting-127674949755

At that point, Baldwin said, he began to cock the gun but did not pull the trigger.
"I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off," Baldwin said, adding: "I didn't pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never."
Bull. Shit. x100.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

greg

Dougfish

You hold the gun? You are responsible. Period.
Anyone else is an accessory.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Trout Maharishi

These old single action revolvers will fire without pulling the trigger. There is a reason you only load 5. If you want to cut to the chase go to about the 3 minute mark. I'm not defending Baldwin. I bet he is on camera cocking and firing the gun.  The interview he did on ABC was difficult to watch and listen to.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 04, 2021, 00:15:45 AMThese old single action revolvers will fire without pulling the trigger. There is a reason you only load 5. If you want to cut to the chase go to about the 3 minute mark. I'm not defending Baldwin. I bet he is on camera cocking and firing the gun.  The interview he did on ABC was difficult to watch and listen to.

I was thinking that they should have used a cowboy load —-

QuoteThe interview he did on ABC was difficult to watch and listen to

I heard and read some excerpts but couldn't stomach the whole interview...
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

upon further review of the TM's posted video and AB's interview... he in essence fired the gun when he let go of the hammer, instead of easing it back into position.

QuoteBaldwin said he was taking direction from Hutchins and pulled the hammer back as far as he could without cocking it.

"I'm just showing her, I go, 'How about that? Does that work? Do you see that?' ... She said, 'yeah, that's good.'" Baldwin told Stephanopoulos. "I let go of the hammer — bang, the gun goes off."

he's also trying to blame the victim, she told me to do it....
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I don't know Keith, I bet it's on film.
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Shit happens when you play with guns.  My wife's cousin was n law enforcement, and two weeks from retirement, he accidentally shot himself in the thigh with a glock.  Now some of you numb nuts may regard this as a "mild" injury, but try pulling a rag through the hole to clean the wound for a week!