News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SoHo PFF report

Started by Phil, October 13, 2021, 16:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

I don't know how to put a bunch of pics in a link like Woolly did on the PFF thread, so will post my report here if that's OK with y'all.

Thursday P.M. was camp set up and visiting day.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Friday fishing was with Fred the Euro master. I drove off and left my camera in the tent.  b'; Oh well, the results were predictable -- I managed 4 little browns and a rainbow, all under 10". Fred took me to school and caught maybe 25 or 30. Yep. Friday afternoon, evening, and night was heavy rain and thunderstorms all night.

Saturday I took off on my own and crossed the river very carefully to a promising looking run -- I couldn't see below my knees due to water being off-color. I hate wading like that in a river as slippery as the SoHo! Hit the run where the water was a little clearer, but still off a bit. That may have helped, because I started catching good fish from my second cast on. Lights out. They were gobbling up the #16 splitcase sulphur nymph.

The bottom mesh of my net measures 14", same as the net's mouth. I also have 16, 18, and 20" marks in the handle for quick measurements.

Whoops!

My best brown of the day -- measured 18" on my net before release.

Caught more that were camera shy, broke off several, and had a bunch more that came unbuttoned almost to the net. Lotso brow trouts, and a good time on a river I usually fish miserably.

Rainbow after more rain --

A splendid time.

Trout Maharishi

Glad to see you have improved your camp sleeping set up. Couple of nice browns to :bow Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Stone-Man

Good stuff , Phil  I was a witness.  Enjoyed your narrative on those fish , etc ,etc.

Stone-Man

itieuglyflies

It was a fun weekend for sure, glad you broke the Soho curse.....but as we all know it can show back up at any time on that
river.

Onslow

Phil

Sorry I put it in the wrong place, Woolly -- didn't mean to cause you administrative work!  :embarassed:

Big J

Nicely done Phil.  Almost makes me want to fish that river again.  Almost.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006