News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Delayed Harvest (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, October 04, 2021, 15:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

I got the boy on some water with the fly rod yesterday morning. He's used it a little with pond fishing, but this was his first hunt for a trout with it.

He nailed his first trout. Stockers are good for training! It's funny how this stocker brookie made me happier than any wild fish I've caught yet.

I'm glad he's enjoying this trout thing.

You cannot view this attachment.

terrestrial

Good stuff! DH is a great place for kids and first-timers. Glad you got him out before the masses get there. That stretch of water about to get pounded.  -+;     

Trout Maharishi

I love to see kids fishing! He's old enough he will remember that for the rest of his life. Maybe he will return the favor and take you when you're old.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dee-Vo

Quote from: terrestrial on October 04, 2021, 15:53:05 PMGood stuff! DH is a great place for kids and first-timers. Glad you got him out before the masses get there. That stretch of water about to get pounded.  -+;     

There were plenty of people still, that's for sure. While we were stringing up the rod and getting things ready, a guy came by and said it was almost impossible to move a fish due to so many people fishing over the last couple of days. We walked to the same pool he was fishing and caught that brookie in four casts.  :laugh:

The boy said he thought we wouldn't catch any because that guy said that, I told him everyone doesn't fish the same. I told him he'd understand one day.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 05, 2021, 03:51:46 AMI love to see kids fishing! He's old enough he will remember that for the rest of his life. Maybe he will return the favor and take you when you're old.

We discussed this. He's somewhat of a deep thinker, if such a thing can be said about a 6-year-old. We talked about how he'd always remember that day when he caught his first fly rod trout with his dad.

Phil

Fine work, "Dee-Vo"   V:;

Dougfish

Nymph 'em up, Daddyo.  'c;
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Good deal! Doesn't get much better than that!
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

joe friday

that's what it's all about, right there.   thanks for sharing.